Resort reccomendation

hmpoohbear

Earning My Ears
I'm starting to plan for a grown up only trip to celebrate my 40th birthday. I'm hoping that hubby and I will be able to travel with a few other couples. I like the idea of staying near Epcot, but wonder if I should really look at one of the cheaper resorts. I'm planning to go the first week of December, though not this year.

The Epcot resorts are wonderful for grownups. Being able to stroll over to Epcot is what makes it special for us. We have made many early December trips to the Boardwalk. Another slightly lower cost option is to consider the Swan/Dolphin. Early December is a great time to visit. Just plan to pack for the possibility of widely varied temperatures.

I agree with previous poster, the Epcot resorts are great. I always stay in one, without fail and I go twice a year. Also agree with Swan/Dolphin. Just make sure you add in all the extra charges when you are comparing prices. They charge a $20 per night resort fee and if you are driving there is a $18 per night parking fee.

The Epcot resorts are wonderful for grownups. Being able to stroll over to Epcot is what makes it special for us. We have made many early December trips to the Boardwalk. Another slightly lower cost option is to consider the Swan/Dolphin. Early December is a great time to visit. Just plan to pack for the possibility of widely varied temperatures.
I agree with previous poster, the Epcot resorts are great. I always stay in one, without fail and I go twice a year. Also agree with Swan/Dolphin. Just make sure you add in all the extra charges when you are comparing prices. They charge a $20 per night resort fee and if you are driving there is a $18 per night parking fee.

Thank you both. I travelled in December a number of years ago stayed at the Contemprary and LOVED it! The temperature was perfect, crowds were great, and I loved being able to see the beginning of the Christmas decorations.

Thanks for the heads up about the resort fee at the Swan/Dolphin.

I'm partial to the POR preferred rooms or POFQ and I can't seem to stray away from them. My experience is always wonderful, my room is perfect and the service is top notch. If money was no option, I'd have to try Grand Floridian.

I did Wilderness for my "dirty 30" We went the first part of Dec and It was AMAZING to see the christmas decor every day in that resort. It was the whole idea of what you see in cheesy christmas movies.

We did an adult weekend in January. We stayed at the Dolphin. It was fine but I would caution you to add at least $50 a day to the price they list due to fees. It may still be worth it and we enjoyed the hotel but I felt I was being nickel and dimes to death. There are a lot of things that became hassles that Disney would have taken care of.

Yeah, my mother and I stayed at the Dolphin and the resort itself was quite nice, but I wouldn't do it again. Swan and Dolphin don't get the Magical Express, on top of having the extra fees (including having to pay for parking if you bring or rent a car), so while it was nice and we enjoyed being within walking distance of two parks there were enough little inconveniences and extra expenses that we both decided we really would have preferred a Disney-owned resort.

It won't matter where you stay, just about every resort is a quick trip or even boat ride to a park and to me getting there is part of the fun! December is an amazing time to go - the parks are ridiculously gorgeous that time of year!
You could also check into the 7 hotels that are in the Disney Springs area which is super adult friendly with its restaurants for drinking and dining, the nightlife, the live music, hob, splitsville lanes, luxury theaters, etc.
Coronado Springs, Carribean Beach Club or PO Riverside or FQ (those two you can take boat ride to Disney Springs) all would be awesome

Have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter