Resort Package Delivery - Will it ever come back?

Ms.Minnie

DIS Veteran
I would love to see the resort package delivery service reinstated at WDW. I usually have many purchases for the grandkids when we visit DS and it's a real pain to have to lug the bags around all day. I have been tempted to bring what I intend to purchase to checkout and when I'm told there is no longer resort package delivery say ok, never mind, I don't want any of it if I have to lug it all around DS. I have never done this because I want what I brought to the checkout and it’s really not a nice thing to do. On the other hand, if other like-minded guests did this, maybe they would rethink this decision and reinstate this service. How do others feel about the absence of this service, and do you think this service will ever come back?

The problem with Disney is that they have offered such good services in the past and now they have taken them away. To name a few we have as mentioned above resort package delivery service, Magical Express and Tables In Wonderland. I’m sure by eliminating these services they are saving a ton of money, but it really drops the overall experience and customer satisfaction. What do you think?

I do miss the package delivery and hope it returns, but it really does not stop me from buying something. I will often note the things I like and then try to buy all at the end of the day so I just have to carry it back to my resort.

Spending the holidays at DW was greatly simplified by resort delivery. I would have no problem asking them to reinstate and if they didn’t, I’d arrange to spend my holidays else where. Life is too short.

Not having the package delivery is a major negative to me. There's no way I would buy everything I would normally buy then cart it back to my hotel on a bus. And definitely a hard no to shopping at the end of the night! I always hit the stores first thing in the morning so my shopping was done and I could enjoy the parks.

Count me in as another who misses it. I favor a hands free day, I don't carry anything in and I'm not about to carry anything around all day! I've skipped many purchases because I don't want to carry them around and never get around to going back to that particular shop on my way back to the resort at the end of the day.
If they brought back the option to ship to resort I'd 100% use it.

I would love to see the resort package delivery service reinstated at WDW. I usually have many purchases for the grandkids when we visit DS and it's a real pain to have to lug the bags around all day. I have been tempted to bring what I intend to purchase to checkout and when I'm told there is no longer resort package delivery say ok, never mind, I don't want any of it if I have to lug it all around DS. I have never done this because I want what I brought to the checkout and it’s really not a nice thing to do. On the other hand, if other like-minded guests did this, maybe they would rethink this decision and reinstate this service. How do others feel about the absence of this service, and do you think this service will ever come back?

The problem with Disney is that they have offered such good services in the past and now they have taken them away. To name a few we have as mentioned above resort package delivery service, Magical Express and Tables In Wonderland. I’m sure by eliminating these services they are saving a ton of money, but it really drops the overall experience and customer satisfaction. What do you think?
We loved the resort package delivery!!! We used it on the last trip we took when they still offered it. I do agree that it feels like they have taken away some of the things that made them stand out among the rest.

Will they deliver packages to the front of the parks? They used to do that also, for pickup when leaving the parks.

Will they deliver packages to the front of the parks? They used to do that also, for pickup when leaving the parks.

I'm not positive on this but I think it's a not available. This could be a problem if you decided to leave before your purchase was shipped to the front of the park. What happens then? Would they let you come back the next day, but what if that doesn't fit into your schedule? I can see issues with this scenario. As it was with the resort package delivery service you couldn't use the service if you were leaving the next day, it took two days to get the package shipped to the resort (the day of purchase and the next day, purchase on Monday, arrived at your resort on Wednesday).

I agree with others that it does cut back on purchases. I wonder if they see any difference.

I'm not positive on this but I think it's a not available. This could be a problem if you decided to leave before your purchase was shipped to the front of the park. What happens then? Would they let you come back the next day, but what if that doesn't fit into your schedule? I can see issues with this scenario. As it was with the resort package delivery service you couldn't use the service if you were leaving the next day, it took two days to get the package shipped to the resort (the day of purchase and the next day, purchase on Monday, arrived at your resort on Wednesday).

I agree with others that it does cut back on purchases. I wonder if they see any difference.
I just Googled it, came up with Plan Disney :confused3 It says that is discontinued also.

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...t-back-package-pickup-anything-bought-543123/

I'm sure it has reduced the purchase of souvenirs but I am sure they have done the math and the labor savings exceeds the purchase losses.

If you buy Liquor at Mexico, Germany, France, etc at epcot they make you pick up at the front

I just Googled it, came up with Plan Disney :confused3 It says that is discontinued also.

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...t-back-package-pickup-anything-bought-543123/

I'm sure it has reduced the purchase of souvenirs but I am sure they have done the math and the labor savings exceeds the purchase losses.

I'm sure you're correct that they have run the numbers. They are very good number crunchers. 😉

If you buy Liquor at Mexico, Germany, France, etc at epcot they make you pick up at the front

Good to know, I have never purchased any liquor from those locations in Epcot. I can understand why they would do that but how does that work? How long does it take for your purchase to get to the front. Another question, will they ship to International Gate?

I'm sure you're correct that they have run the numbers. They are very good number crunchers. 😉

Good to know, I have never purchased any liquor from those locations in Epcot. I can understand why they would do that but how does that work? How long does it take for your purchase to get to the front. Another question, will they ship to International Gate?
I dont recall, my son bought some tequila in mexico and they told him he had to pick it up at the front, Not sure how long or which gate, we split up at epcot, we were staying at FW and he was at AOA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter