RESORT OPENINGS CHANGED (Announced 7-27-20)

Curios about this as well. We are currently booked for a BC wood/garden view, but I'm not a big fan of the studio and 1 BR villas due to the pull out sofa. I would rather go somewhere with 2 actual beds for our party of 5.

Why not try Saratoga Springs or Riviera Resort? They have a Murphy Bed that pulls down from the wall. Might be more comfortable. Good luck.

My resort isn't affected but just had friends who were booked at Poly for the last week in September.

They have 3 rooms and 8 people. They were switched to DVC rooms on the property.

I was supposed to be at Beach Club for Thanksgiving week. I guess there is still a chance it could open up but don't want to risk being moved somewhere I am not sure I want to stay at.....hmmmmm

^^From postings here and elsewhere, it seems like places with DVC are moving guest to DVC side.

I have Boardwalk Inn reservation for the first week of December. Just got an email today that it is cancelled. So it doesn't look like they are planning to open Boardwalk Inn anytime soon. I'm quite surprised, but on the other hand it might be good for people with trip plans because I thought they would expand capacity, but maybe they won't until there is a vaccine. At this point less is more.

I have Boardwalk Inn reservation for the first week of December. Just got an email today that it is cancelled. So it doesn't look like they are planning to open Boardwalk Inn anytime soon. I'm quite surprised, but on the other hand it might be good for people with trip plans because I thought they would expand capacity, but maybe they won't until there is a vaccine. At this point less is more.

Give Disney a call. My BWI reservation was for the second week of December. I called, and they offered me either a BW Studio Villa or BC Studio Villa for my dates. The CM did check how many beds I needed before offering alternatives - so it sounded as if Disney was willing to accommodate parties needing two queens, probably at the Yacht Club.

Give Disney a call. My BWI reservation was for the second week of December. I called, and they offered me either a BW Studio Villa or BC Studio Villa for my dates. The CM did check how many beds I needed before offering alternatives - so it sounded as if Disney was willing to accommodate parties needing two queens, probably at the Yacht Club.
We had 3 people at BWI and they offered YC.

I think it depends on who answers the phone :sad2:

I fully agree. We had a standard view room at the Poly and were able to switch to the DVC side. The CM told us that she needed special permission to do it as the recommended alternative was at the Grand Floridian.

Y'all are at the big fancy resorts. Anyone staying at AoA know where they plan on pushing us off to? I picked AoA for the theming. I really wanted to stay there (October Disneymoon). So now I'm wondering what they consider comparable that they're going to send us to instead? Pop is really all I can think of that would be about the same. But I've never stayed on site so this is all from what I've learned over time on here.

I fully agree. We had a standard view room at the Poly and were able to switch to the DVC side. The CM told us that she needed special permission to do it as the recommended alternative was at the Grand Floridian.
I think it may also have to do with my dates in addition to what someone may think is "comparable." I saw there was availability for a standard view DVC villa, but perhaps the GS CM didn't think that was "comparable" since I had a lagoon view. GF is closed for my dates, but the CM went straight to CR (garden wing only) or RR, deluxe studio preferred view which I chose.

Edit: Realized GF isn't open for my dates, but there's no VGF availability either.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. I had a Poly, lagoon view stay and they wouldn't move me to the DVC side saying it wasn't comparable.
So weird,I'd call back. I had poly standard (was already upgraded from CSR being closed) and was able to move to dvc side easily this morning. We also have a trip in Oct. booked at aoa family suite and that on the other hand is a mess right now so I just left that one for now.

Y'all are at the big fancy resorts. Anyone staying at AoA know where they plan on pushing us off to? I picked AoA for the theming. I really wanted to stay there (October Disneymoon). So now I'm wondering what they consider comparable that they're going to send us to instead? Pop is really all I can think of that would be about the same. But I've never stayed on site so this is all from what I've learned over time on here.
I've heard people have been offered Pop or sometimes CBR, depending on when you're staying and the availability at Pop for your dates

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter