Resort / MDE / Cast member discount question

Shannon G

DIS Veteran
Planning a long weekend in late March, to visit DD who recently started the DCP for the spring semester. She is planning to stay at the hotel with me while I am visiting, and so she booked the hotel using her discount (the discount that applies to cast members, not the friends & family discount). She listed both of our names, as well as the name of my friend who may join us, on the reservation. So my question is whether I can link the resort reservation under my MDE, and then send her an invite so that our accounts are linked, or does she need to link the resort reservation under her account since it was booked using her discount? And if she links it and then sends me an invite to link our accounts, can I still just add my friend as friends and family under my MDE rather than her having to set one up, and still have her connected to the reservation (she's a Disney newbie, so it's simpler if I can handle everything)? This is my first time dealing with having multiple people one one resort reservation with different MDE accounts and I don't want to mess anything up (especially when it comes to DD's discount).

My DD is also a CM and we use her discount also. There shouldn't be any problem with MDE. Just add the hotel confirmation number to your MDE account. Have her set up her account and link you both. FYI in case you didn't know, since she is a CM on the reservation there shouldn't be a parking charge at the hotel if you have a car. We make sure that it is taken off our room charges. Have fun!

Planning a long weekend in late March, to visit DD who recently started the DCP for the spring semester. She is planning to stay at the hotel with me while I am visiting, and so she booked the hotel using her discount (the discount that applies to cast members, not the friends & family discount). She listed both of our names, as well as the name of my friend who may join us, on the reservation. So my question is whether I can link the resort reservation under my MDE, and then send her an invite so that our accounts are linked, or does she need to link the resort reservation under her account since it was booked using her discount? And if she links it and then sends me an invite to link our accounts, can I still just add my friend as friends and family under my MDE rather than her having to set one up, and still have her connected to the reservation (she's a Disney newbie, so it's simpler if I can handle everything)? This is my first time dealing with having multiple people one one resort reservation with different MDE accounts and I don't want to mess anything up (especially when it comes to DD's discount).
Even if you want to mange dining and that sort of thing, everything goes much more cleanly if every adult has their own MDX login. They don't have to actually DO anything, just create the account and then link everyone up as friends and family after the accounts are all created. Link each person to each other person.

The primary guest (the one whose name and email are on the reservation, which is probably your daughter in this situation) should be the one to add the reservation to her MDX profile first. This is true regardless of whether you're using any type of discount. She links first not because she's the CM, but because she's the Primary guest. When she does this, the reservation will ask her to match the names from her Friends and Family list to the names on the reservation.

Another thing worth pointing out... You can have multiple rooms using the Cast rate as long as they're at the same exact resort for the same exact dates. A lot of people assume that you can only do one Cast room for the room the CM will be sleeping in and that the rest have to be Friends & Family, but if the dates match, multiple reservations can use the same Cast discount at the same time.

Even if you want to mange dining and that sort of thing, everything goes much more cleanly if every adult has their own MDX login. They don't have to actually DO anything, just create the account and then link everyone up as friends and family after the accounts are all created. Link each person to each other person.

The primary guest (the one whose name and email are on the reservation, which is probably your daughter in this situation) should be the one to add the reservation to her MDX profile first. This is true regardless of whether you're using any type of discount. She links first not because she's the CM, but because she's the Primary guest. When she does this, the reservation will ask her to match the names from her Friends and Family list to the names on the reservation.

Another thing worth pointing out... You can have multiple rooms using the Cast rate as long as they're at the same exact resort for the same exact dates. A lot of people assume that you can only do one Cast room for the room the CM will be sleeping in and that the rest have to be Friends & Family, but if the dates match, multiple reservations can use the same Cast discount at the same time.

Thanks - that's helpful, and lines up with what I was expecting - that DD should be the one to link the reservation to her mde account. Once I know for certain if my friend is also joining us, I will have her set up her own account and then link up to me & DD.

My DD is also a CM and we use her discount also. There shouldn't be any problem with MDE. Just add the hotel confirmation number to your MDE account. Have her set up her account and link you both. FYI in case you didn't know, since she is a CM on the reservation there shouldn't be a parking charge at the hotel if you have a car. We make sure that it is taken off our room charges. Have fun!

Thanks, the parking info is helpful. DD has a car with her, so she will be parking at the resort. If I were to rent a car I assume there will be a charge? Or do the parking fees get waived for the room completely because the room was booked under DD’s discount?

No parking fees for this room for either car.

(You may have to pay for a 3rd adult in the room however)

Thanks, the parking info is helpful. DD has a car with her, so she will be parking at the resort. If I were to rent a car I assume there will be a charge? Or do the parking fees get waived for the room completely because the room was booked under DD’s discount?

As pp stated above, no parking fee for any vehicle. It's completely waived. We typically drive and she has her own car too. Enjoy your time :) Not sure if it affects you, but others have questioned. Your daughter does not have to pay for the room either. You can pay at check in. Some people get confused, because other discounts have to be paid by the CM, but not the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter