• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort lunch ideas for non-park days

Beachyrock

Mouseketeer
We will be taking our first adults only trip in September and only doing one park day at EPCOT for F&W. The other couple of days we would like to visit some resorts and have a leisurely lunch outside, preferably by the pool or somewhere with a nice view. So far we are thinking about Bar Riva at Riviera and Geyser Point at WL. What are some other great places to enjoy a resort lunch? Thanks !

Um - I'm not totally sure that outside in September is the best idea. Its pretty humid! But Sanaa at AKL looks out at the animals roaming so its pretty cool. Its also just a really awesome resort to explore - great art work, beautiful architecture and all the animals.

Geyser Point and Three Bridges are definitely a couple of our favorites. Just a slight warning - you might want to consider Disney transportation to most of the resorts you might visit - looking to park without a room or dining reservation could get you turned away at the security shed. Enjoy!

We will be taking our first adults only trip in September and only doing one park day at EPCOT for F&W. The other couple of days we would like to visit some resorts and have a leisurely lunch outside, preferably by the pool or somewhere with a nice view. So far we are thinking about Bar Riva at Riviera and Geyser Point at WL. What are some other great places to enjoy a resort lunch? Thanks !
Sanaa at Ak..ask for a window seat and watch animals

Where are you staying? When I was at BCV, I took the Skyway over to Riviera. Primo Plato (?) has a great Croque Monsier that you can take outside.

Love Bar Riva. They have an excellent salad and lovely to sit outside near pool, but not right on top of it.

Thanks for the great suggestions! We are staying at SSR, so Olivia's would be very convenient. Even though we've stayed at OKW before, we've never eaten there. Hadn't thought of Three Bridges, but it looks like a lovely setting and we've never visited CSR. Our trip is at the tail end of Sept into beginning of Oct, so hoping for a tiny reprieve from the humidity.

If you're at SSR, I wouldn't discount the option of some very nice outdoor dining (with a beautiful view) at some Disney Springs locations. Teralina and Boathouse have some nice tables overlooking the lake. That boat ride from SSR/DS to OKW is very nice and very convenient! Enjoy.

Definitely hop over to Disney springs. So many great options! You can bowl and eat at splits like, eat at the movies, you have homecomin (which offers brunch!) and boathouse (amphicars! Unless those aren’t back yet) and Paddlefish

Thanks for the great suggestions! We are staying at SSR, so Olivia's would be very convenient. Even though we've stayed at OKW before, we've never eaten there. Hadn't thought of Three Bridges, but it looks like a lovely setting and we've never visited CSR. Our trip is at the tail end of Sept into beginning of Oct, so hoping for a tiny reprieve from the humidity.
Three Bridges is also very nice.

We loved the pulled pork nachos at Capt Cooks at the Poly. We sat outside and it was very enjoyable in Dec in the low 80's.

Meant to say this earlier: if you decide to check out one of the boardwalk area resorts (BW, BC, YC, Swolphin) you should totally hop across the road to Fantasia Gardens Mini golf!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter