Resort Housekeeping

lbv7

Mouseketeer
With non DVC resorts now only offering "light" cleaning every other day ( I assume beds will not be made) the big losers out of this besides guests who will be paying full rate but not receiving full services, will be the housekeepers. They obviously will reduce the number of housekeepers needed, or reduce hours worked since it won't take very long now to "clean a room". Additionally, for those guests who left a daily tip that is now out the window because of the "every other day rule", plus many guests will refuse to leave a tip for just having the trash removed and the towels replaced. While some guests will continue to leave a tip, the housekeepers will certainly notice a significant drop in tips, whatever dollar amount their weekly tips added up to.

With non DVC resorts now only offering "light" cleaning every other day ( I assume beds will not be made) the big losers out of this besides guests who will be paying full rate but not receiving full services, will be the housekeepers. They obviously will reduce the number of housekeepers needed, or reduce hours worked since it won't take very long now to "clean a room". Additionally, for those guests who left a daily tip that is now out the window because of the "every other day rule", plus many guests will refuse to leave a tip for just having the trash removed and the towels replaced. While some guests will continue to leave a tip, the housekeepers will certainly notice a significant drop in tips, whatever dollar amount their weekly tips added up to.
Have you seen the update on new cleaning procedures for resort rooms? I think the Mousekeeping staff is going to be very busy.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-vice-president-of-worldwide-safety-services/

plus many guests will refuse to leave a tip for just having the trash removed and the towels replaced. While some guests will continue to leave a tip, the housekeepers will certainly notice a significant drop in tips, whatever dollar amount their weekly tips added up to.
Just for the record, Disney Housekeeping technically isn't a tipped position. Housekeepers are paid for than minimum wage.

So I wonder what happens to the daily "room check". Will they still be sending somebody by? Or did Covid solve the resort threat?

A couple of weeks ago, my brother stayed at a Hilton property. There was no housekeeping for the entire length of stay. If you needed anything, it was delivered.
So I'm not surprised Disney is reducing services. I will bet their staff will pick up trash or provide extra towels upon request.

I feel bad for housekeeping. You have to touch towels and other items strangers have 100% used. Than worry about cross contamination so there skin will be raw or use so many gloves. The lengths they are going they have to take a break between rooms to clean themselves first. This will eat up slot of time and resources and I'm surprised they are not now charging for housekeeping or adding money to each reservation.

Don't think of this as losing a housekeeping day think of it as a free day that someone else didn't potentially contaminate your stuff.

I enjoy declining housekeeping when ever possible. We keep our stuff clean and who needs a made bed.. gonna just get inside again anyway heh.

So I wonder what happens to the daily "room check". Will they still be sending somebody by? Or did Covid solve the resort threat?

The website info that mentioned the changes to housekeeping also includes:
Whether or not they carry through with daily room checks remains to be seen. But the policy is still there.

The website info that mentioned the changes to housekeeping also includes:
Whether or not they carry through with daily room checks remains to be seen. But the policy is still there.
Of course they still have the right. I’m just curious to see if they actually keep doing it. Because it sure sounded critical before.

I'm sorry but our last 2 trips the rooms have been "Clean" daily cleaning was basically make the bed, empty trash, we hang up our towels. We stayed a week and pretty sure it was not vacuumed the whole time and sheet change was at our 5th day we used to get 2 sheet changes in a week. I was thinking of opting out on our next trip.

Of course they still have the right. I’m just curious to see if they actually keep doing it. Because it sure sounded critical before.
Yep, I hear ya. I think it's interesting they clearly call out that policy right within the same notice that says housekeeping services in the room are reduced. Makes me think they do plan room-checks of some sort. Otherwise why mention it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter