Resort Hopping

GPoppins

90+ Trips to WDW & Counting!
I am a longtime WDW visitor and am blessed to make 3-4 trips per year. Even with my experience, I am unclear as to whether a Guest can visit resorts without staying there. For example, I would like to visit WL, YC and BC to see the Christmas decorations during my upcoming trip - will I be allowed past security to do so? I know I could go to the Springs and take a bus over to any of the resorts but with my mom in a wheelchair, we do not want to do that. I have read conflicting things about resort hopping. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks!

I am a longtime WDW visitor and am blessed to make 3-4 trips per year. Even with my experience, I am unclear as to whether a Guest can visit resorts without staying there. For example, I would like to visit WL, YC and BC to see the Christmas decorations during my upcoming trip - will I be allowed past security to do so? I know I could go to the Springs and take a bus over to any of the resorts but with my mom in a wheelchair, we do not want to do that. I have read conflicting things about resort hopping. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks!
You should have no problem visiting other resorts. But, you might have a problem parking at other resorts depending on what else might be going on. If you are during Christmas week, you probably won't be allowed to park at a different resort. If you are early in Dec, it may not be a problem.

All resorts are open to all guests! Resort hopping seems encouraged even :)

Parking however is a gray area to me. I believe you must have an ADR to be able to park for free at the resort but since we’ve never driven I’m not totally sure.

It’s easy getting around to these resorts. On your MK day hop on the WL boat. For YC/BC go on an Epcot day. Use international gate.
FYI busses have wheelchair ramps.

Not only can you but they HOPE you do. They theorize that if you visit, you'll want to stay there.

You can park unless it’s too close to Christmas. Then they won’t let you in the lot. Happened to us last year. Have to have a dining reservation to park near Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter