Resort hopping by car

ejgonz2

DIS Veteran
We’re staying at the All stars and wanted to eat QS dinner at CBR (love Caribbean food but Sebastian’s is a little too adventurous for my youngest kids) and then skyline over to the boardwalk area. Will they let us park at CBR?

The parking at Skyliner resorts has been kind-of hit or miss if you don't have an ADR for dinner there. You could drive to DHS (you are staying onsite so they shouldn't charge for parking) and take the skyliner from there to CBR and back again.

No, you will not be allowed to park at CBR. As others have shared you may wish to either take a bus or drive to DHS then take the Skyliner from there.

The Skyliner has been a game changer for resort dining!

The thing that bothers me about the whole "going to another resort you're not staying at unless you have an ADR there" is that way back when AKL first opened (I think that it was right around 2000 or 2001), Disney proposed doing that, there, I forget the reasoning, but so many guests complained that they reversed themselves, and let people in. Yet, now they've had this in place since Covid, making it a PITA if you have a car, and I see no sign of it being discontinued.

The thing that bothers me about the whole "going to another resort you're not staying at unless you have an ADR there" is that way back when AKL first opened (I think that it was right around 2000 or 2001), Disney proposed doing that, there, I forget the reasoning, but so many guests complained that they reversed themselves, and let people in. Yet, now they've had this in place since Covid, making it a PITA if you have a car, and I see no sign of it being discontinued.
Maybe Disney had too many complaints from guests actually staying there about having to circle the parking lot too many times before finding a spot. AKL is just too close to AK to have open parking. I think it’s reasonable for them to allow parking for guests at a given resort as well as those having ADRs but not for those who just want to “look around” or eat at the QS - especially at near-park or Skyliner resorts. Not enough parking for all!

Maybe Disney had too many complaints from guests actually staying there about having to circle the parking lot too many times before finding a spot. AKL is just too close to AK to have open parking. I think it’s reasonable for them to allow parking for guests at a given resort as well as those having ADRs but not for those who just want to “look around” or eat at the QS - especially at near-park or Skyliner resorts. Not enough parking for all!
While I agree it's reasonable, I also think it's bit of a shame. If it's a hassle to eat or shop at another resort I won't be spending my money there. Everyone can't book a sit down ADR and some people don't want that big meal eating up their vacation time or money. People also like to actually look around before booking at new hotels, pics and videos online just aren't the same.

When I've tried to resort hop to experience Disney, I had a great CM at POFQ, had to have some gumbo and beignets. The worst hassle trying to shop and eat at GF, that CM treated me so badly even after he said I could park I just turned around and went back to my hotel. Gave me such a bad impression I'd never stay there and actually emailed about the experience. And yes I get they are on the monorail and people I'm sure have parked there before to avoid parking fees, but I think it's a big missed opportunity that Disney needs to figure out.

The "why" on disney not allowing parking is lack there of. It's been well before covid that they started instituting this policy but as expected, it's not always enforced. So some people get to park at resorts with no ADR and others do not. Really just depends on the security person at the booth. Where this is a big issue of course is monorail/skyliner resorts, not so much the resorts like OKW, AKL, SSR, etc. In all reality, if you are staying at a specific resort, your parking should be prioritized over guests visiting that resort or stopping in to grab a bite. I've never had that happen but I understand that it's become an issue at some resorts.

Overall, even the parking rules when you have an ADR are not really enforced. Tons of people park their cars all day at resorts for park/transportation access. Ex- park at CR for access to MK say for their breakfast reservation. Believe you only get parking for up to 3 hours with an ADR.

Overall, even the parking rules when you have an ADR are not really enforced. Tons of people park their cars all day at resorts for park/transportation access. Ex- park at CR for access to MK say for their breakfast reservation. Believe you only get parking for up to 3 hours with an ADR.
Yep, they rarely if ever tow. I’ve gone to MK after eating lunch at S71 and never had a problem. It’s a much quicker exit after the fireworks than having to use the monorail/ferry.

It all depends on who is working at the gate. Countless times I have driven into a resort and said I’m going to dinner and they just wave me trough. Other times they want my name, SS number, license, passport, birth certificate, fingerprints, retna scan, checked my oil and tire pressure…. Give it a shot the worst they can say is no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter