Resort HELP, please.

fiveforall

DIS Veteran
I have 3 kids, ages 3, 5, and 8. We will be going to DW in Oct. 2003. We will only be doing AK and MNSSHP. We did all four parks last year. We are staying 3 nights at a resort, so I need a place my kids will enjoy. I have a reservation at AKL, but after reading the boards, now I'm not so sure about it. We've never stayed onsite. What resort do you all recommend? Remember, we're a family of 5. Thanks for the help!!

It's a little more expensive, but your kids would love Stormalong Bay pool at the BC. You'd probably be hard pressed to get them to leave this great pool. When we were there in Nov., we saw more children in the pool than adults!

What is it that you are unsure about? Did you book a standard room or a Deluxes? The kids would probably love watching the animals from the balcony andit is an exotic feeling resort. The pool is large and nice though not as fun as other pools around WDW. There is a playground and storytelling too. The kids would probably like any of the All Star resorts too. I know when I was young I would have preferred the All Stars over the more "adult" places. ;)

Did you book a Deluxe room at AKL? Those are the only ones that sleep 5. They cost about the same as a regular room at the monorail resorts. I'm basing this on rack rates.

I agree that the yacht club (or beach club) is a fun resort & area to stay in. I'd personally choose YC over BC because most of the rooms have full balconies. This is important to us. BUT, the transportation to the 2 places you have planned is not the greatest. The busses are shared with other resorts.

The polynesian might be fun too. The pools are nice, they have boat rentals. Or the Contemporary because it is so convenient for MNSSHP.

POR--Alligator Bayou. Fun slide at the pool and nice food court. Not as expensive as deluxe resorts.:smooth:

I would do the Contemporary Tower, or a room at the Poly. I know you won't be going to MK during the day, but those kids are going to be tuckered out after the late-night MNSSHP. I think you'll appreciate the monorail back to the room after a long night in the park. The AKL is closer to AK than the Magic Kingdom resorts, but you take a bus to the park either way. Also, the CR and Poly have boats to rent, the attraction of the monorail (this will be a "ride" all by itself for your kids) and IMHO, both have far better pools than the AKL. Also, both have easy access to FW, with a nightly sing-a-long and movie which would be a lot of gun for your kids.

I've stayed at a deluxe room at AKL- go for it if you can afford to.

It's a five minute ride to AK and a 15 minute ride to MK. One stop- no sharing.

I love the pool. You can watch your older ones go down the slide and be in the shallow end (zero depth) wth your little one at the same time.

We had a pool view, which might be cheaper at the deluxe level than a savanna view. The upside to the pool view is that you are right over the lobby and right near the elevators and basically close to everything- buses, pool, food court.

The only other option for families of five are- POR (Alligator Bayou), Poly, CR, GF, YC, BC, and BWI.
Remember that POR charges an extra $15 per night for their trundle beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter