>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

I used Publix via Instacart earlier this year when we were at a Universal Studios resort and we were required to meet the driver at the hotel entrance. Does anyone know if it's the same with Disney or can it just be held at Bell Services?

I've read that you have to be there to accept deliveries to Universal. A previous poster had said Publix via Instacart had been able to leave her order at Bell Services.

I used Publix via Instacart earlier this year when we were at a Universal Studios resort and we were required to meet the driver at the hotel entrance. Does anyone know if it's the same with Disney or can it just be held at Bell Services?
We used Publix via Instacart and checked in to Pop Century on Jan 27. Our order (no alcohol) was delivered to bell services before we arrived, and cold items were refrigerated. I picked up the order from bell services after our room was ready. All was seemless and I highly recommend!

We used Publix via Instacart and checked in to Pop Century on Jan 27. Our order (no alcohol) was delivered to bell services before we arrived, and cold items were refrigerated. I picked up the order from bell services after our room was ready. All was seemless and I highly recommend!
We plan to use Insta for Publix as well. How much in advance did you place your order? We don't normally use grocery delivery at home, so are unfamiliar. Thank you!

We plan to use Insta for Publix as well. How much in advance did you place your order? We don't normally use grocery delivery at home, so are unfamiliar. Thank you!
I placed the order two days before delivery, and I chose back up items for everything (since we were on the plane when our order was being delivered). I'd never used grocery delivery before, either, and this was a great experience!

I thought you still weren't allowed to take bottled water into the park?
Yeah, one of the not so upstanding deliver services out there breaks the rule on a daily basis. Thankfully people are leaving them and opting for more reasonably priced services like Publix, walmart, amazon and even some of the cast members who were laid off and started their own grocery services.

I think we have entire threads on drunkards in the magic kingdom drinking "water". Just under 3 years ago I was in the POTC ride line behind a group of rowdy adults sharing a thermos "of water". With them they had a toddler who was running about 30' down the line and back again. They had no clue what she was doing.

Can you get your groceries delivered by meeting them in person at the resort and then request bell hop to hold them until your room is ready? Will be ordering perishables and alcohol to OKW in July, but as some DVC rooms are not being assigned until after 4pm, I'm not sure what I'd do in the heat with groceries and alcohol if my room isn't available yet.

Can you get your groceries delivered by meeting them in person at the resort and then request bell hop to hold them until your room is ready? Will be ordering perishables and alcohol to OKW in July, but as some DVC rooms are not being assigned until after 4pm, I'm not sure what I'd do in the heat with groceries and alcohol if my room isn't available yet.
Trust me. It’s cheaper to get an Uber to Target. Just take a few shopping bags. Garden Grocer and Instacart inflate prices and have stupid delivery fees plus a gratuity. But hey, each to their own.

Being that I'll only be here for a limited time due to it being my bachorette party, I don't really have the extra time to go to Target. And being that we're purchasing for a Grand Villa, it's more than a few bags of groceries. Hence why I was asking my question so that I may enjoy my trip as soon as I arrive.

Trust me. It’s cheaper to get an Uber to Target. Just take a few shopping bags. Garden Grocer and Instacart inflate prices and have stupid delivery fees plus a gratuity. But hey, each to their own.
I think there are many situations where an Uber to Target is not a feasible or cost-effective option. Such as, as Clayinct said, when you are celebrating a special occasion and only have a limited time. Or, in our case, when you have two young children in tow. An Uber for 4 people is more expensive than an Instacart tip. And dragging kids to a grocery store is never an efficient or enjoyable proposition. I think Clayinct asked a reasonable question. This is the grocery delivery thread after all....

Yes. Bell Services at OKW will refrigerate/freeze your perishables. Just be sure they're sorted into separate bags so they know which ones go where. I don't know what policy is about checking alcohol, though, so you might need to be ready to keep that with you as you wait for your room to be ready. Hopefully you'll get your room beforehand!

I think there are many situations where an Uber to Target is not a feasible or cost-effective option. Such as, as Clayinct said, when you are celebrating a special occasion and only have a limited time. Or, in our case, when you have two young children in tow. An Uber for 4 people is more expensive than an Instacart tip. And dragging kids to a grocery store is never an efficient or enjoyable proposition. I think Clayinct asked a reasonable question. This is the grocery delivery thread after all....
OK. Calm down. As I said, each to their own. Trying to save you money. Plus I don’t recall replying to Claycint, but hey won’t bother in future.

I hope this is ok. I just returned from a 9 day stay at Pop. I had been told of a FB group called Ear for Each Other where it’s all businesses, home businesses and skilled labour etc offered bu and supporting the furloughed cast members. There were a few different offerings for grocery and basket deliveries. I ended up choosing Vacation Grocery Delivery. You can find them through the Ear for Each Other page, through a FB search on their name or through this link if it’s allowed https://www.vacationgrocerydeliveryfl.com/

They were absolutely super, very reasonably priced, just a one off delivery fee with an option to tip (please tip generously). They literally charge what they paid and send a copy of the receipt. They take advantage of any special offers and you get the savings. You have a choice of authorising substitutions or not. If your order contains alcohol you must meet them, otherwise they will drop it with Bell services. Mine was left around 9:30am, and I arrived about 6pm. It was great to have it there for the first night and not have to wait to meet someone the next day.

I ordered from the UK, and had some pretty detailed requests. They were able to get me almost everything on the list - just short 2 items which they let me know about. They also offered and that they would keep an eye out during the week for one of the items they hadn’t found as they knew I wanted it for aThanks for this friend back home. And bless them they texted me the next morning to say they had it and were just about to drop it off. They did not charge me any extra for this.

The service and communication were top notch. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone in future. They definitely went above and beyond. I would use them every time. I liked the personal service and knowing I was supporting CMs/former CMs who had been proactive in building themselves a business during furlough.

Thanks for this info! Their website is very informative. I'm going to use them for my trip in a few months...And I LOVE CMs so it's a BIG + if I can support them. :thanks:

Thanks for this info! Their website is very informative. I'm going to use them for my trip in a few months...And I LOVE CMs so it's a BIG + if I can support them. :thanks:
Appreciate the info. I had a terrible time with Garden Grocer. They charge in advance and only delivered half the stuff (due to supplier issues) however took me numerous chase ups and a month to get my money back. Regardless Disney charged me a $6 handling fee. I will look at these other guys; however still not sure an Uber to Target is not the way to go. 1 hour round trip (that includes time in the shop) and cost $30. No risk of substitutes. We use the one at Sunset Walk next door to Margaritaville Resort, Bahama Breeze and Longhorn.

I missed this when you posted. I know they’ll appreciate it. My husband used them a month after me and again they were great.

We have used Garden Grocer for years and have had no problem with them. Prices are inflated but we are from NY so prices are not too much higher than what we are used to. Am I missing something, why are people so against them now? 47 pages takes a while to go through for the answer.

We have used Garden Grocer for years and have had no problem with them. Prices are inflated but we are from NY so prices are not too much higher than what we are used to. Am I missing something, why are people so against them now? 47 pages takes a while to go through for the answer.
For most people it's about their pricing.

For me it's about their integrity. they failed with a hard Never again. After putting away the groceries I realized there were items missing and called. Actually had the owner on the line laughing at me about them not delivering my entire order, I can still hear his voice saying "I was wondering who's this was" and he admitted to eating the deli order & rolls as we were on the phone (disgusting.) He offered no reimbursement for the product he did not deliver: worth about $20. Quite to the opposite, he laughed at me, said I signed for the order (they give you no time to review what is there) and hung up.

Note I'm easy going and quite forgiving, very, very rarely make demands. I only call to complain when it is well warranted. That trip I was a newly single mom with two kids with me and I felt very unsure of everything I did. He did not help with his power play over my situation.

Last edited:
For most people it's about their pricing.

For me it's about their integrity. they failed with a hard Never again. After putting away the groceries I realized there were items missing and called. Actually had the owner on the line laughing at me about them not delivering my entire order, I can still hear his voice saying "I was wondering who's this was" and he admitted to eating the deli order & rolls as we were on the phone (disgusting.) He offered no reimbursement for the product he did not deliver: worth about $20. Quite to the opposite, he laughed at me, said I signed for the order (they give you no time to review what is there) and hung up.

Note I'm easy going and quite forgiving, very, very rarely make demands. I only call to complain when it is well warranted. That trip I was a newly single mom with two kids with me and I felt very unsure of everything I did. He did not help with his power play over my situation.
Sorry for your experience. I know time is precious but honesty I have done the maths (from the UK !) but it is so much cheaper to Uber down to Target. It is a 1 hour round trip less than half you would spend in line for some rides. Plus you could catch a snack at Bahama Breeze or have a wander through Margaritaville....save some money on Genie/Genie +. But hey we all have different perspectives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter