Resort for a day?

hcox31

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever used the company resort for a day for port excursions? The exact same resort excursion in Jamaica through DCL or this company is $200 less!

I know going through DCL if anything was to happen they would hold the ship. But is that worth $200 extra? 🤪

Has anyone ever used the company resort for a day for port excursions? The exact same resort excursion in Jamaica through DCL or this company is $200 less!

I know going through DCL if anything was to happen they would hold the ship. But is that worth $200 extra? 🤪
Plenty of passengers arrange port excursions on their own. You just need to be aware of the cancellation policy - DCL doesn’t charge if you can’t dock - and of the time. On some islands, trafic gets jammed up the second there’s a ship in port.

My mom, aunt, and I used RFAD in Jamaica. Had absolutely no problems. I believe we had two or three other families that got on the same van as us, but one family was going to a different resort, so we dropped them off on our way to ours. The hotel had us back at the terminal just as promised. We would book again.

ETA: they also picked us up inside the gates so we wouldn’t even have to go out - we especially liked that.

We have used them in Nassau at the Colonial Hilton, although that is walking distance from the port.

We have used them in Nassau at the Colonial Hilton, although that is walking distance from the port.

How did that day go for you? We're strongly considering it for a February cruise on the Wonder. DD7 is interested in the pool and the paddle boards, but not necessarily swimming in the ocean.

How did that day go for you? We're strongly considering it for a February cruise on the Wonder. DD7 is interested in the pool and the paddle boards, but not necessarily swimming in the ocean.

we enjoyed it very much. Great freshwater pool. Towels and loungers are included. We thought the beach there was nice, and they had kayaks, snorkeling equipment, and paddleboard. The food was OK, the drinks were good

we enjoyed it very much. Great freshwater pool. Towels and loungers are included. We thought the beach there was nice, and they had kayaks, snorkeling equipment, and paddleboard. The food was OK, the drinks were good

Use of the kayaks, snorkeling equipment, and paddle boards is included in the day pass, correct?

My mom, aunt, and I used RFAD in Jamaica. Had absolutely no problems. I believe we had two or three other families that got on the same van as us, but one family was going to a different resort, so we dropped them off on our way to ours. The hotel had us back at the terminal just as promised. We would book again.

ETA: they also picked us up inside the gates so we wouldn’t even have to go out - we especially liked that.
Not knowing the port area, and just reading some reports, being picked up inside the gates does make me feel better. Thanks for your review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter