Resort Dining Recommendation

JediMom43014

Earning My Ears
Looking for dinner recommendation that is not in a park, Disney Springs, Ohana, or the Boardwalk (already have those covered). Something fun for a 4 year old who isn't into princesses. I am not at all familiar with dining at the resorts so any input is appreciated!

For a resort dinner with a 4-year old (given the stated criteria), I would consider Chef Mickey's at Contemporary, Whispering Canyon at WL or Trail's End at Ft. W. Chef Mickey's is a buffet with Mickey and his friends. The food isn't great, but it's definitely entertaining with the characters and watching the monorail go through the resort. It's not cheap, but if you are on the dining plan, can be a good value. Whispering Canyon is known for its funny antics - make sure to ask for ketchup! And WL is beautiful. Trail's End has pretty basic food, but there is a playground right outside plus the WDW stables. If your child is small enough, he/she can even take a pony ride. There is also Mickey's Backyard BBQ at Ft. W with Mickey and friends.

Trails end is a great suggestion. Something low key with good food.

I was also thinking either Chef Mickey or Trails End. My DGD loved the playground in FW, and it gave her time to "be a kid" when she was working so hard to be a "big girl" that week. I had no idea how overwhelming a WDW vacation could be for a little 4 YO. If you are lookign for a double duty meal, one that relieves some of the vacation pressure, and also has decent food, try Trails End.

Chef Mickey, if you can get in is a lot of fun. I know that it gets no love here, but my family enjoys the character interaction, and as far as food, well....it's buffet food.

I'm sure its been said in previous post/forums, but for ADR cancellations it says 1 day before to avoid the $10 per person charge. Is that exactly 24 hours before your exact reservation time? or just any time the day before, even if it was night before for a breakfast reservation the next day.

No it is up to midnight on the app or whatever time the call center closes

Some reservations have different cancel periods, typically prepaid and dinner shows

I'm sure its been said in previous post/forums, but for ADR cancellations it says 1 day before to avoid the $10 per person charge. Is that exactly 24 hours before your exact reservation time? or just any time the day before, even if it was night before for a breakfast reservation the next day.

Thanks for asking this! I assumed it was 24 hours before the exact reservation. Nice to know there is more time.

Another suggestion: Hoop De Do at Wilderness. Whispering Canyon is one of my favorites.

Will you have a car? We had dinner at Boma at AKL ( it's a buffet ) last week and really enjoyed it. The food was very good and if you have someone adventurous in your party there are also some African dishes that were delicious. There are a lot of viewing areas of the animals at this resort too.

You might try the food courts at the All Stars, Pop Century or PORiverside.

I am going to suggest Sanaa. If you are there during daylight hours you might be able to get a seat near a window to see the animals. Even if you are not near a window there is a viewing area right outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter