Resort days before cruise?

Yes, we've done it (well, let's say I tried to do it, but ended up buying 1 day tickets to AK while we were there). We stayed at AKL for a resort-only trip and it was really fun. One caveat, February weather can be hit or miss in Orlando, so I wouldn't count on pool days - I would make sure to pick a resort that has enough to entertain you for those days without going to the parks.
I was just going to say the same as someone who has lived in Florida for the past near 30 years! I know many schools up North get a winter break over President's Day so I get many questions from friends about this time of year. Hit or miss is the best way to describe it. FL schools typically only get Pres Day off so we have spent many weekends at Disney/Universal over the years on President's Day weekend. Some years it is beautifully sunny and nice (cool for us to swim but many from up north do). However, this weekend we were at Universal and it rained the entire 2 days with a high of 60. (We rarely get solid rain like that for so long so this was not normal). Several years ago we had to pack our hats and gloves because the high was only 50 and low near freezing at night. I think resort days can work but would not rely on the pool for activity but can hope for the best!

I was just going to say the same as someone who has lived in Florida for the past near 30 years! I know many schools up North get a winter break over President's Day so I get many questions from friends about this time of year. Hit or miss is the best way to describe it. FL schools typically only get Pres Day off so we have spent many weekends at Disney/Universal over the years on President's Day weekend. Some years it is beautifully sunny and nice (cool for us to swim but many from up north do). However, this weekend we were at Universal and it rained the entire 2 days with a high of 60. (We rarely get solid rain like that for so long so this was not normal). Several years ago we had to pack our hats and gloves because the high was only 50 and low near freezing at night. I think resort days can work but would not rely on the pool for activity but can hope for the best!
Yes, we were there in December once and were surprised by just how cold it was.

I just want a nice pool for if it is nice enough. We spent quite a few resort days our last trip and I think would have been able to fill time even without the pool. Needing space for 5 kind of narrows down our options too.

We've done Caribbean Beach Resort prior to cruise, and there's plenty to do there, or head to DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter