Resort choice help! Family of 5.....coming from far away :)

Hello! We are coming from far far away for a sea/land holiday. Starting with the Dream cruise, followed by 5 days at WDW (in January). I am conflicted in hotel bookings and am looking for help. Here are my options:
Caribbean Beach resort- they assured me the construction (amenities anyway) would be done by our arrival
Port Orleans Riverside and All Star Music - the suite- (a suite might be nice coming off a tiny cruise cabin).
They are all within $100 total. Because there are 5 of us, for our budget we don't have a ton of options. Our kids are young in age 5,7, and 10. I am looking for any help in what resort to chose. Food isn't an issue as we plan to spend most of our time at the parks. So what we are looking for is the WOW factor. The "thats so cool" from the kids. Good pools, cool fun rooms, fun grounds, not horrible transportation...with young kids and long days, as accessible as possible is nice.
Any help would be really appreciated.

I know you decided and made a great choice but will just throw out there ....
- There have been some unofficial reports that CBR may not be done the amenities by the end of year, I wouldn't risk Jan if an issue. AND note no phone CM can assure you of anything, they work off the cuff to get rooms booked.
- POR is a beautiful, peaceful southern charm resort that with your kids ages would be just fine in one room.
- ASMusic has zero WOW factor, old rooms and likely be in midst of room renovations during your trip.

I didn't know this. Thank you very much. I think we have decided to break the bank and stay in a suite at AOA. :)

Great choice! It will be the fun dessert to your cruise.

- AoA will give you space, two bathrooms, great pools (they are heated), good food court and highly imagineered so walk it all and take lots of photos.
- We love the Cars area, if feels like you are in the middle of the movie!

Have fun!!!

Having stayed in both a lion king & cars suite at-
I can confidently state:

You have made the right choice.

Have a great time-from far, far away. :rainbow:

Enjoy AoA! If you decide to stay in a moderate, POR gets my vote. The AoA pool looks really cute but in January weather is unpredictable. You can have anything from warm afternoons in high 70s or really cold & rainy. Keep an ete on the weather forecasts.

I didn't know this. Thank you very much. I think we have decided to break the bank and stay in a suite at AOA. :)

If this is in your budget, I would also consider speaking to David’s or DVC Rental Store about rental at Animal Kingdom Lodge. A one bedroom could work out about the same price and AKL is magical.

I only mention AKL because you are under the 7 month mark, and being a massive resort it may still have availability left.
I could be wrong, but just throwing the idea out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter