Resort Availability??

bigmama101

Mouseketeer
Hi!!I have been looking on the Disney web site to get some prices for an upcoming October 2014 trip during Food and Wine Festival. I have been pricing out the Epcot resorts and it seems that availability is limited??(no standard view rooms at Beach or Yacht Club) Do people really book this far in advance? I am thinking I should go ahead and book something quick before there is nothing left...:confused3

Yep, with easy proximity with the Epcot resorts for F&W they get booked up.

Hi!!I have been looking on the Disney web site to get some prices for an upcoming October 2014 trip during Food and Wine Festival. I have been pricing out the Epcot resorts and it seems that availability is limited??(no standard view rooms at Beach or Yacht Club) Do people really book this far in advance? I am thinking I should go ahead and book something quick before there is nothing left...:confused3

Oh heck yeah. People like the idea of walking to and from EPCOT during food and wine. I personally would book something now. You can always cancel if you find something better or decide to bale on the vacation. F&W is a huge draw for Disney. So much so that they have started a mini F&W during Flower and Garden.

Oh, yeah. You can actually book rooms 499 days in advance and many people do.

Just FYI-there is renovation of the entire CL (club level) section of the BC. Those ppl that were booked have been moved to either SV or LV rooms In the BC or transferred to the YC. That's one of the reasons of the booking issues.

Yes, they usually offer discounts, the weather is awesome, Halloween is the best thing they do and F&W in full swing. The cheaper rooms are usually the first ones to go. Did you try a preferred room? It's a little more $$, but they usually sell out later.

I am actually planning to go in October as well, but will be hoping to book a "bounce back" offer while there over the summer. May have to find a resort with openings by then. You can keep checking back as well. A lot of the time rooms get booked and then plans change and they open back up, especially if FD comes out and doesn't match someones dates.

That time of year, in addition to the factors mentioned previously, is also fall break for an increasing number of school systems throughout the country. Our fall break, for instance, usually begins on the first Monday in October.

Heck, we have had an October 2014 Facebook group (see the link in my signature) since before reservations could be booked! I booked my reservation for October 2014 in summer 2013.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter