Resort Airline checkin for bags

metsjetsfan

Earning My Ears
Has anyone used the resort airline checkin recently? Any issues?

My plan was to book a late flight(8/9pm). Checkin the bags in the am and checkout of the room then play at the parks and catch the late flight home and pickup the bags at my home airport. Would that work or does checking in the bags super early before the flight mess things up or restricted

Thanks and Happy NY

Has anyone used the resort airline checkin recently? Any issues?

My plan was to book a late flight(8/9pm). Checkin the bags in the am and checkout of the room then play at the parks and catch the late flight home and pickup the bags at my home airport. Would that work or does checking in the bags super early before the flight mess things up or restricted

Thanks and Happy NY

That will not be a problem. They close at noon.

We have always used the resort airline check-in with no problems. We like to do the same and enjoy our last day as well.

Same here - latest flight possible for most time in parks before UNmagical express ride back to airport!

I was planning on taking a late flight home for my june trip. I figured I had to leave my bags with bell services, no? If I do airline check in where are my bags when I am at the park? Im glad op posted this, got me thinking...just when I think I have figured out all details.

I was planning on taking a late flight home for my june trip. I figured I had to leave my bags with bell services, no? If I do airline check in where are my bags when I am at the park? Im glad op posted this, got me thinking...just when I think I have figured out all details.

Your bags will be at the airport, waiting to be loaded onto your flight whenever it's ready.

that would make me nervous...this is common practice?

Yes. When you use airline checkin, you are actually checking in your bags, the same as if you were at the airport. They tag them for your flight, load them in the cart and send them to the airport where the airline takes them to whichever terminal your flight is leaving from. We use it every time and never had a single problem. It isn't any different than checking in early for your flight at the airport and checking your bag.

At the airport. The Airport check in counter at the resort just replaces going to the counter at the airport. They tag your bags right there and then transport them to the airport for you.

that would make me nervous...this is common practice?

Yes and it's not a problem. I will mention that sometimes your bags end up on an earlier flight than you. One of the times we used resort check in, we took the last flight of the night, and when we were at baggage claim, our bags never came on the carousel, and I got worried. But when I went to the luggage office, they had my bags. They told me that my bags had been put on an earlier flight and had arrived ahead of me.

Yes and it's not a problem. I will mention that sometimes your bags end up on an earlier flight than you. One of the times we used resort check in, we took the last flight of the night, and when we were at baggage claim, our bags never came on the carousel, and I got worried. But when I went to the luggage office, they had my bags. They told me that my bags had been put on an earlier flight and had arrived ahead of me.
Dumb Question: How do they handle the baggage fees? you just pay at the counter at the hotel?

Dumb Question: How do they handle the baggage fees? you just pay at the counter at the hotel?

Well we fly Southwest, so we don't have baggage fees. I suppose that they probably collect them right at the counter there as you check them in if you haven't pre-paid them somehow.

There is a telephone number you call to pay for fees with a credit card. The airline checkin desk will have the number, (there was a sign with the info at POFQ). You call ahead of time.

Once you leave your bags with the Resort Check-in, they are required to be under security control and transported to MCO and processed by your Airline. As others have indicated, since your bags are already under security control and processed using a TSA approved process, they may actually arrive at your destination on an earlier flight then you or on your flight.

Just to be clear: if you want to have more direct control of your bags, leave them with Bell Services and reclaim them directly from Bell Services before catching the ME back to the airport. You are responsible for getting them onto your ME return bus and claiming them again at MCO and you will then have to check-in at your Airline directly at the Airport.

Depending on when you personally check-in directly at MCO using your process, you bags may still be delayed by your airline or arrive on an earlier flight at the option or whim of your airline.

Dave

Only your checked bags are sent to the airport, like when you do curbside check in at the airport. Your carry-ons /personal items that you don't want to take to the parks stay at the resort, held till you return. This way when you come back from parks, you can throw your park bag and any last minute souvineers in, and get out any clothes you might want to change into for flight, etc. All your personal items, electronics, etc. will be with you for trip to airport.

There is a telephone number you call to pay for fees with a credit card. The airline checkin desk will have the number, (there was a sign with the info at POFQ). You call ahead of time.
Thanks. Wow call a number and pay with credit card. Damn, feels like the 90s.

You can pay the fees for the checked bags at the airline checkin. You can also pay them if you do online checkin the day before.

Once you leave your bags with the Resort Check-in, they are required to be under security control and transported to MCO and processed by your Airline. As others have indicated, since your bags are already under security control and processed using a TSA approved process, they may actually arrive at your destination on an earlier flight then you or on your flight.

Last time I used them thought that luggage was lost. After all the luggage was picked up on my flight and our luggage was not there. Contacted airline staff and was on the way to their office to report lost luggage. Our luggage was sitting in the office. I guess it made an earlier flight. Next trip will check the office while waiting for luggage to come as we have a late afternoon departure.

It's so weird to me that luggage is put on an earlier flight since they make such a big deal that luggage and the passenger list must match.

It's so weird to me that luggage is put on an earlier flight since they make such a big deal that luggage and the passenger list must match.
There are specific reasons as to why it works for Pre-checked secured baggage items but your airport checked baggage is indeed validated against actual boarded passengers.

I won't be discussing the specific reasons here but it is safe. However, individual airline's have the option to not load any bag or package at their discretion.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter