Residence Inn Maingate/Suite for 8?

California Mom

DIS Veteran
I went on yelp to view Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate property....and was surprised to read some negative reviews about it. old, not well taken care of.....anyone on this forum stayed there in the last 6 months - would love some comments. I was surprised to read some of the negative reviews since Marriott has always been, in my experience, well taken care of properties especially their Resident Inn properties.

THANKS for any feedback you can give me regarding this....or any other properties for family of 8.

I stayed there in jan for three days. Yes it is getting older, they are due for an upgrade, but the spring hill just opened so probably soon. Although old, everything was clean for us. We got stuck with a roll in shower which I hated but other than that it was clean. The breakfast food was great, clean buffet, tables and dishes. Beds comfortable and nice. We also stayed last August, and found it clean and comfortable. But for marriot it is not up to there name. Nothing bad, just not up to the same standards as if you went down the street away from the park more. We are gold member marriot members, so we stay at a lot of them. But to me I will say that near Disney main gate and Fairfield in, are not up to par with the rest of marriot hotels. But they are better than I would say right across the street like at park cue in , or best westerns. Just my opinion. The staff was just so so also, not mean, not friendly, just could care less. Housekeeping did do a good job both stays, emptied trash and did not mess with stuff around the room, like pictures we left out. But we only had a one room studio both times, but in the past have done them Utes and penthouses.

We stayed there in Dec for a couple days. Yes, it is starting to get old. But it is always clean, food is good, staff is great, and there is plenty of room for 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter