Residence Inn-Harbor Blvd, How far of drive to parks

Steve BWV'99

Mouseketeer
This is the first time we stayed offsite, we are staying at the Residence Inn-Resort Area on Harbor next week (Mon-Thur). We are thinking of driving to the parks instead of taking the shuttle only because we dont want to be at the mercy of the shuttles schedule and we have a little one. How much time should we allow to park and get to the gates for opening? Is the parking fee $10 allow for in and out privledges throughout the day?

I understand there is also a shuttle that runs from the hotel. How long does it take to get to DL, does it stop at other hotels, and how often does it come by to pick up folks?

Thanks for any info!

Hi Steve! Just giving this a friendly bump. I am planning a trip for family to go in about two weeks and they chose the Residence Inn on Harbor. Hopefully someone out there can answer your questions. I am quite interested in the whole car versus shuttle thing as well because I have never stayed there.

As far as I know, the hotel is near the target on Harbor which is about a mile away. I know the shuttle stops at other hotels. How many, I am not sure. However, if you have a little one, I have personally found it much easier to take our car than ride the shuttle because I don't have to worry about who carries the bags, who holds the little one ( that is probably sleeping) and who holds that folded up stroller ( assuming you are bringing your own). Oh, I am not sure if you knew this, the shuttles are not free! I am not sure what they cost but it is probably around $3 dollars for one trip back and forth. Hopefully someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Also, if you don't mind could you fill me in on the hotel after your stay so I can let them know what to expect?

Thanks for the info DF!, I was unaware of the shuttle cost, we are defenitly going to be driving to the park now. I will report when I get back.

-Steve

We have stayed in that Garden Grove area on Harbor several times.

I believe all the hotels are now using ART, so there will be multiple stops and there may not be one right in front of your hotel.
It's been awhile, so things may have changed, but the one for Residence Inn used to be just out the back gate of the property - so really close.

ART is $3 for a one day pass or you can get a 5 day pass for $12 (don't know if it has to be 5 consecutive days or not)
Ages 9 and under ride free.

We have used ART a time or two when our group split up. It's not bad... unless you're there at a REALLY crowded time and trying to get to/from the parks with the masses.
We do usually drive though. It's a quick, easy drive to DL parking from there. I'd say less than 10 minutes (depends on traffic and how you hit the lights)

I'm pretty sure the DL parking fee gets you in and out privileges, but we have an AP that includes parking, so I can't say for sure.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter