Reserving Dining

princessdi

LoveMeSomeWDW
Today is my 60 days til we arrive on March 17. Can I only book todays 60 days out reservations meaning I can book March 17 dining today and tomorrow I book March 18? In WDW I could book my entire vacation once the mark hit. Advice please?

Today is my 60 days til we arrive on March 17. Can I only book todays 60 days out reservations meaning I can book March 17 dining today and tomorrow I book March 18? In WDW I could book my entire vacation once the mark hit. Advice please?
Just 1 day at a time unfortunately. DL planning is much different than WDW!

The good news about DL is you don't have to book at the 60 day window. At WDW, you have a lot of people with the Dining Plan (which doesn't exist at DL), so there's tons of people getting the best bang for their buck. I used to be one of those people.

When we started doing DL instead of WDW, it took me a few trips before I wasn't up at 6am, 60 days out, trying to get a reservation. What I soon realized is NO ONE is booking that far out. OK, maybe a few people. But really, I've booked the Blue Bayou, the premium DL dining establishment, at a noon lunch time at about 30 days out. It's really a no stress version of Disney. Plus there's lot of counter service options that are good. Jolly Holiday, Plaza Inn (Walt's favorite place), Pacific Wharf (any of the three restaurants there), Bengal BBQ, French Market, etc. Honestly, I only book restaurants on Fridays and the weekends because that's when it's the most crowded and I don't want to wait 30 minutes for dinner.

That said, you are arriving during the Easter holiday season. So book what you can, but don't worry about the 60 days out. Those reservations will be there a week, two weeks, maybe a month after the window opens.

Honestly, aside from maybe Blue Bayou and some dining packages (even then, you are usually good at two weeks out or so), you don't really need to book at the 60 day mark. Really, most of the time you can even get same day reservations. The exception to this can be if you are going at an extremely busy time, such as new years eve, etc. and even then you can usually get stuff a few days in advance.

Yes, as others have said, you can (usually) book dining 60-days out, one day at a time. So, today you can make reservations for 3/17 and tomorrow for 3/18, etc. Dining reservations aren't nearly as hard to come by at DLR. Often times, you can find pretty prime dining reservations only a few days out, especially if you're flexible in terms of time and location. The most popular places tend to be the Blue Bayou, the F! dining packages, WoC dessert party, and any special event, so those you'll need to make a reservation sooner rather than later. That being said, I doubt even the most popular places fill up on the first day (except perhaps the very limited special events - like things that are only happen one time), so don't worry if you can't get online every day.

Just note that sometimes, they're a bit slow to load reservations into the system. So if you go online today and can't find what you want, it's more likely that they haven't loaded the reservations into the system yet (opposed to already being fully booked). Just keep checking and eventually (usually within a few days), everything will be loaded.

Wow! Thank you for all the responses! I usually plan aspart of the fun and stress, but now Ive no clue what to do for the next month! Lol

Any suggestions for Food and Wine? Hoping it’s not as crazy as WDWs!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter