Reserving Amtrak online

LuLu02

Earning My Ears
Hi. We're leaving to go to Orlando Aug. 25. At first, we were going to fly, but my DB absolutely does NOT want to fly.

I'm looking at the rate online and it's $843.50 for 2 adults, 3 kids. It also says unreserved from Boston to New York and reserved from New York to Kissimmee/Orlando. For the reserved, it has bed symbols. So does that mean that there will be sleepers? Are meals included in the price? What type of train is this? Thanks in advance.

We took Amtrak last Sept from NY to Orlando. It was reserved coach seating, which means you get a just get a coach seat for the trip. The bed symbol just means that the sleeper is available for that trip (Ny to Orlando) With caoch seating meals are not included. I think they are included if you get the sleeper.

You have to book the accomodations separately. Amtrak has 2 portions to the price of a ticket. The basic rail fare and then any accomodations that you may add. The bed symbol is showing some sort of accomodations are available. The sleepers sell out quickly. They dont have sleepers on all trains but do on all the long distance trains for sure.
When you are pricing out a fare it gives you the choice to add accomodations, if you are wanting a sleeper. Also, if you are a AAA member you can get a discount on your fare portion but they never discount the accomodations portion. Finally look on the main home page for Amtrak under savings and promotions as lots of times you can get a significant savings on the rail fare portion if you have a promo code you can enter (be aware most of the promo fares are non-refundable) at least on the fare portion. Confusing? Learn more at trainweb.com or amtraktrains.com. Both have good message boards where you can ask lots of questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter