Reserved seating for Fantasmic?

tania7424

Earning My Ears
We will be at DLR for 5 nights in October. We want to do GK one night for dinner (DH has no interest in doing it for breakfast and then going on rides), WOC (probably through Ariel's Grotto), MHP, Fantasmic and then the regular fireworks one night.

I've seen mention of reserved seating for Fantasmic. Anyone know anything about this?

I want to know more about this as well. Info I read a year ago sounded terrible. $60 per adult and you still had to have at least one person go 60 to 90 minutes ahead of time. Not really reserved seating if you have to go early to get a seat. Otherwise you are standing like most of the people who didn't pay.

Sounds super expensive, and I might actually do it if it meant getting a seat just 5 mins before the show starts.

So is it just like last year? Or did Disneyland finally make it true reserved seating so you can actually go when you want?

xenon2000 said:
I want to know more about this as well. Info I read a year ago sounded terrible. $60 per adult and you still had to have at least one person go 60 to 90 minutes ahead of time. Not really reserved seating if you have to go early to get a seat. Otherwise you are standing like most of the people who didn't pay.

Sounds super expensive, and I might actually do it if it meant getting a seat just 5 mins before the show starts.

So is it just like last year? Or did Disneyland finally make it true reserved seating so you can actually go when you want?

People arrive early to get in line for checking in as the seat assignment is first come first pick. You still would get a seat as long as long as you check in when the process starts. You wouldn't be left standing but you may not get the row or seats you want or rare but possible seats not together (I haven't heard of that before though).

People arrive early to get in line for checking in as the seat assignment is first come first pick. You still would get a seat as long as long as you check in when the process starts. You wouldn't be left standing but you may not get the row or seats you want or rare but possible seats not together (I haven't heard of that before though).

I don't know how many seats they have. But you are saying that if they have 100 seats, they only sell 100 tickets per showing? Do you pick your show time when you pickup your tickets on Main Street? Or when you check in before the show?

I can understand not getting seats all next to each other if I don't come early. But for me, the main draw to paying so much for the seats, is so I can come 10-15 mins before it starts and still have a seat. The last time I watched Fantasmic, I waited at least 1.5 hours in advance and still didn't get a good spots. And I was still crammed all around by others. Sitting on concrete. Not sure I want to pay $240 for 4 people if I still have to wait more than 15 mins ahead of time.

Can you check-in 90 mins early and then leave and come back?

Can you check-in 90 mins early and then leave and come back?

Yes.

Edited to add...when you call to make reservations, you choose the date and time of the show you want to see. They will tell you when you make the reservation if it is sold out.

When you get to Disneyland, you will need to pick up your tickets at City Hall (or since I usually stay concierge at the PP, they get me my tickets). Then you check in before at the little stand for your seat assignments. I honestly think there is not a bad spot, unless you are super short and sit behind a tall person.

In the summer when they have two shows, you can still check in for the second show and choose your seats when they open the stand

Thanks. So I guess the real risk of not hanging out way in advance; is not getting all the seats next to each other and not getting as many hot cocoa refills. lol.

Any photos of the seating area when not occupied for the show?

I disagree.
They begin taking seating assignments at 8pm for both shows. Folks that prefer a good seat in the front row will line up at 6-6:30 until they begin assigning seats at 8. If you do not care where you sit, you can show up at 8:15 for your seating assignment. They do not allow you to check in 90 minutes beforehand....you either wait a few hours if you want a good seat, or wait 30 minutes or less if you do not care about your seat.

I disagree.
They begin taking seating assignments at 8pm for both shows. Folks that prefer a good seat in the front row will line up at 6-6:30 until they begin assigning seats at 8. If you do not care where you sit, you can show up at 8:15 for your seating assignment. They do not allow you to check in 90 minutes beforehand....you either wait a few hours if you want a good seat, or wait 30 minutes or less if you do not care about your seat.

Oh wow. So you actually have 2 waiting periods. A line for checking in, which can be a long wait. And then you have to wait at your seat to keep it? Or does the assignment happen during checkout, such as numbered seats? Or do you have to stay to keep the seats you want?

Can we list this out in an ordered list?

1. Buy tickets Online up to 30 days in advance. (Is online the only way?, is 1 month in advance the most you can do?)
2. Pickup the actual tickets at City Hall at the front of the park.
3. 8:00 pm is the checkin time for both shows. Line forms early.
3b. Leave if you are coming back for the 2nd show? Stay if you want to reserve your best seats?
4. (What happens at this point? Do they give you numbered seating?)
5. (Food and drink handed out? When and how does this happen? Refills?)
6. Show starts

Just curious how it might look as a process. So I know what to expect if we decide to do it. Of course I have a lot of time to decide on this part of it, if you can only buy the tickets 30 days in advance, max.

Oh wow. So you actually have 2 waiting periods. A line for checking in, which can be a long wait. And then you have to wait at your seat to keep it? Or does the assignment happen during checkout, such as numbered seats? Or do you have to stay to keep the seats you want?

Can we list this out in an ordered list?

1. Buy tickets Online up to 30 days in advance. (Is online the only way?, is 1 month in advance the most you can do?)
2. Pickup the actual tickets at City Hall at the front of the park.
3. 8:00 pm is the checkin time for both shows. Line forms early.
3b. Leave if you are coming back for the 2nd show? Stay if you want to reserve your best seats?
4. (What happens at this point? Do they give you numbered seating?)
5. (Food and drink handed out? When and how does this happen? Refills?)
6. Show starts

Just curious how it might look as a process. So I know what to expect if we decide to do it. Of course I have a lot of time to decide on this part of it, if you can only buy the tickets 30 days in advance, max.

Almost:
1. You can't buy the tickets online; you have to call to buy them.
2. Yes
3. Yes
3b. Once you check in, you just come back a little before the show. You choose your seats at check in, so they will already be reserved when you come back.
4. Yes, the CM who checks you in will have a printout of the seats and he will x off where you select to sit.
5. They'll give you the box and get you a drink before the show but you can get refills during the show too.
6. Yes!

The whole check-in to pick your seats thing is stupid. Sometimes Disney does things that make absolutely no sense. You should be able to pick up your tickets at city hall, and select your seats right then. Or better yet, have your seats assigned. The viewing area is pretty good, although not as good as the balcony was. Of course beck then the view was better, as was the food and service. Oh yeah, and it only cost $40 per person. What a difference a decade makes.

Almost:
1. You can't buy the tickets online; you have to call to buy them.
2. Yes
3. Yes
3b. Once you check in, you just come back a little before the show. You choose your seats at check in, so they will already be reserved when you come back.
4. Yes, the CM who checks you in will have a printout of the seats and he will x off where you select to sit.
5. They'll give you the box and get you a drink before the show but you can get refills during the show too.
6. Yes!

3b. Thanks for the info. So really you only have the 1 wait. The check-in process where they assign your seat. While I would rather do it when I pickup my ticket, that would just move the wait. But at least it would all happen in 1 step so I didn't have 2 lines to wait in.

...The viewing area is pretty good, although not as good as the balcony was. Of course beck then the view was better, as was the food and service...
Those were the days :laughing:
The seating system on the balcony was easier. Names were called just before showtime (in order of original reservation) to select a seat. The balcony was much smaller, and the Disney Gallery was the waiting area (both are now part of the Dream Suite).

We went in early June and due to delayed flights,we arrived about 20 minutes before the start of the show. We still had a bit of choice for our seats. We loved having a seat, and the dessert box was delicious. They accommodated my DH and DD's wheat allergies no problem. The grapes, cheese and crackers made it a late dinner for us. We are doing it again in February for sure!

Only one person in your party needs to be there to reserve seats is that right? So hubby and the boys can be off riding while I wait?

I can't remember what happened, but we were kind of late showing up to get our seats and they weren't going to be great. They let us have the option of coming back to the later show and I think we picked our seats right then. It was irrelevant though because it was only my family at the later show and maybe one other family.

The whole check-in to pick your seats thing is stupid. Sometimes Disney does things that make absolutely no sense. You should be able to pick up your tickets at city hall, and select your seats right then. Or better yet, have your seats assigned. The viewing area is pretty good, although not as good as the balcony was. Of course beck then the view was better, as was the food and service. Oh yeah, and it only cost $40 per person. What a difference a decade makes.

I think they should assigned the seats when you book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter