Reserved dining and dessert pkg

Liz Z

DIS Veteran
Hi:wave:

So im trying to finalize or at least get a grip on our 2 days only in Disneyland.

So to get the most out of our visit i'd like t o book a dining pkg for Paint the night parade and the dessert party for WOC.

So my question is what do you suggest we do for dining for the parade? a lunch or dinner reservation? and for world of color will this be right after the parade or later in the night. I don't want to go from eating a large meal to a dessert party.

Is WOC schedules later in the evening?

This is a first time visiting and need some help.

We have our hotel and tickets with maxpass.

Also is there a character breakfast in DCA similar to the Plaza Inn in Disneyland?

Thanks everyone for your help
Liz:)

Oh one more thing ~~are there reservation pkgs for the Pixar parade or the Fireworks in Disneyland/

Were going the middle of August:woohoo:

There is a dining package at the Plaza Inn for the Pixar Parade. There are no dining packages for fireworks in DL. There is a dessert package called the Skyline Lounge Experience in TL that offers a view of the fireworks (no castle view, no view of the projections), but it really isn't meant to be a package exclusively for fireworks viewing. You can get better views elsewhere for free. I don't think there is a character breakfast in DCA right now, but the closest one might be the one at Storyteller's in the GCH. That breakfast is getting a revamp this summer and will now include Mickey (I think). WOC Dessert Party offers a lot of food, so I would try to schedule your meal earlier. I'm not sure how the timing for PTN and WOC will work when both are showing on the same nights. This hasn't happened before, so keep reading here for reports after WOC comes back from hiatus (should be in June). WOC usually has 2 shows during the summer, but the Dessert Party only happens for the first show.

Thank you so much!! You have been very helpful. I will continue to research.

I'm sure as the time gets closer we'll know more about WOC and PTN. And hopefully they won't be scheduled the same time:ssst:

:thanks:
Liz:)

So to get the most out of our visit i'd like t o book a dining pkg for Paint the night parade ...

Have you read any reviews of the PTN dining packages yet? While the reviews so far are good regarding the food, most people agree that the viewing section isn't great unless you arrive early and are in the front few rows. Someone posted that he thought the WCT viewing area was too crowded and that people across the way viewing for free had a better view. We walked down the parade route an hour before the first parade this past weekend and saw plenty of viewing spots all along the route. If you didn't have to be in the front row, you could easily have found spots with 30-60 minutes wait time. Unless you really want to splurge on the CCR PTN package (directors chairs right in front of CCR), I would skip a dining package for PTN and invest in the Dessert Party for WOC and maybe a dining package (BB?) for F! at DL.

Thank you for your help. So viewing for PTN will be fine to get a spot along the route. As long as we get there around 30 to 60 minutes ahead of time. Good to know it's not necessary to get a pkg. Save a little money there.

WOC~~~ ill try for a dessert party like you suggested. Can you remind me what the WCT is? LOL

Thank you again
Liz

Hi Theluckyrabbit,

I'm sorry but i figured out what WCT is LOL Wine Country trattoria. So I got that covered.

Now if you would be so kind and help me plan my only 2 days in Disneyland. We are WDW vets and will be driving cross country for a wedding in CO.So a very short visit to DL for the first time YAY!!!

I think i have figured out that Saturday August 18th will be DL and Sunday August 19 is DCA. So i know you suggested that we book at BB for F! and at DCA we book a dessert party for WOC. For each of the parades it's not necessary to book any packages correct ?

So which show should we book F! for so we don't miss the fireworks? Or will it not conflict.?

Also is there a special map that i should try to get for the Pixar Fest or is the regular map be ok? A nice Diseer sent me the maps for both parks. But i just read that there's a special map for Pixar fest.

You have been very helpful
Thank You again
Liz

... We are WDW vets and will be driving cross country for a wedding in CO.So a very short visit to DL for the first time YAY!!!

I think i have figured out that Saturday August 18th will be DL and Sunday August 19 is DCA. So i know you suggested that we book at BB for F! and at DCA we book a dessert party for WOC. For each of the parades it's not necessary to book any packages correct ?

So which show should we book F! for so we don't miss the fireworks? Or will it not conflict.?

Also is there a special map that i should try to get for the Pixar Fest or is the regular map be ok? A nice Diseer sent me the maps for both parks. But i just read that there's a special map for Pixar fest...

First of all, read this thread for lots of helpful information: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets.

So far, it does not seem to be necessary to book a dining package to view either the Pixar Play Parade in DL or PTN in DCA. Keep reading the threads here for more reviews of the dining packages for the parades, though -- you may find that you want to book a package anyway, just for fun. But, so far, people have not been having trouble finding viewing spots for the parades on their own.

For F!, book a dining package for the first show so that you will be able to stay in your viewing area to see the fireworks afterward. I've heard that there are special effects for the ROA viewing area that are not shown in the other areas (the show designers really wanted to make each viewing area a bit different from the rest), but I don't know yet what those effects are. If you want to view the fireworks from the castle area, then book the second F! show, watch the fireworks, then work your way over to the F! viewing area. If you don't like dense crowds, consider viewing the fireworks from the ROA/F! viewing area. If you don't mind dense crowds, then viewing from the castle area and working your way through the crowds to the F! area should be fine. (Not everyone does well with crowds, so I'm just letting you know in advance.) Our favorite dining package for F! is at BB, but the areas for HB and RBT are good, too, since all 3 areas are next to each other, up front by the water.

I've not heard of a special map for Pixar Fest, but the regular maps have Pixar characters on the front now to celebrate Pixar Fest. The inside of the map is the same as before.

Last edited:

Thank You for all your help. I will look at the link you provided.

So we can still see the fireworks from our seats at the ROA/F! ? Not to crazy about crowds but since we managed Christmas new years week in WDW i'm sure we could manage the crowds near the castle. But if we stay in our seats for F! would we be missing a lot of the projections?

And to guarantee we get the 1st F! show what dinner seating would we have to book? Around 4 to 6pm?

Yes, we will def reserve BB for our dinner . it looks really good.:thumbsup2

I cant thank you enough for everything you have suggested and helped me with.:goodvibes

Have a nice evening
Liz:rose:

... So we can still see the fireworks from our seats at the ROA/F! ? Not to crazy about crowds but since we managed Christmas new years week in WDW i'm sure we could manage the crowds near the castle. But if we stay in our seats for F! would we be missing a lot of the projections?..

The digital projections for the fireworks are shown on the waterscreens on the ROA (the same screens used for F!). There are supposed to be some special effects at that location that are different from the castle location. The show designers tried to make each viewing location a little bit different so that you could have different experiences wherever you view the show. (This is true: we've viewed from the castle and from Main Street -- the show is a different experience from both locations.)

The digital projections for the fireworks are shown on the waterscreens on the ROA (the same screens used for F!). There are supposed to be some special effects at that location that are different from the castle location. The show designers tried to make each viewing location a little bit different so that you could have different experiences wherever you view the show. (This is true: we've viewed from the castle and from Main Street -- the show is a different experience from both locations.)
How was the castle viewing? We are doing a VIP tour and understand the reserved seating for Fireworks is in the hub area facing the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter