Reserve Whiskey Bourbon Tasting on the Wish?

Starryjean

Earning My Ears
Hello!

Would love a review if anyone has done the reserve whiskey bourbon tasting on the Disney Wish. Very curious to know what they are sampling before I plunk down $100.😬

My wife did this last month (she loves a good whisky). They were Johnnie Walker Blue, Woodford Reserve Special Cask, Whistle Pig; the Boss Hog and Macallen rare cask black (this was the stupid expensive one).
Thank you! This is the one I hoped to do. Was hoping to hear stories of something crazy like Pappys being included. 😜

My wife did this last month (she loves a good whisky). They were Johnnie Walker Blue, Woodford Reserve Special Cask, Whistle Pig; the Boss Hog and Macallen rare cask black (this was the stupid expensive one).
Did you all do a 4-night? We got next week and my husband is booked on night two. Worried this will be pirate night and he might miss events; was that you wife’s experience?

Did you all do a 4-night? We got next week and my husband is booked on night two. Worried this will be pirate night and he might miss events; was that you wife’s experience?
We did the 3 night. TBH, I don't recall, but I don't think there was a conflict. I asked her and she'd gladly give up the festivities for the tasting! :)

We just did a b2b2b and did this tasting 3 times. The first one did include Pappy!
Pappy 12, The Hakushu 12, Macallan Rare Cask Black & Rare Perfection 15 where the 4 included on our recent Wish cruise. 12/10 would absolutely do this again. The Rare Perfection 15 was absolutely STUNNING.

Pappy 12, The Hakushu 12, Macallan Rare Cask Black & Rare Perfection 15 where the 4 included on our recent Wish cruise. 12/10 would absolutely do this again. The Rare Perfection 15 was absolutely STUNNING.

we did thr old fashioned tasting on the wish and they used the rare perfection (sacrilege I know) as well as blantons, hibiki and woodford....the rare perfection was my favvvvvv. came home and had a bottle shipped to the house from CA. only place I could find it.

We are on the Wish, but not till 2024. For these kinds of "hard to get" reservations... they sell out, right? This something I would like to get for my father and I.

Part 2 of my question. We are traveling with 3 parties (3 rooms). One of our parties (rooms) is able to book things before us as they have been on DCL before. Are they able to book things for more than themselves if our rooms (reservations) are linked? Or can they book (2 people), and then my dad and I go instead of them?

We are on the Wish, but not till 2024. For these kinds of "hard to get" reservations... they sell out, right? This something I would like to get for my father and I.

Part 2 of my question. We are traveling with 3 parties (3 rooms). One of our parties (rooms) is able to book things before us as they have been on DCL before. Are they able to book things for more than themselves if our rooms (reservations) are linked? Or can they book (2 people), and then my dad and I go instead of them?
For the tastings? Depends on a couple things.. if the “reserve tasting” is in Hook’s Barbary, good chance it will sell out as there can only be 6 people per tasting. If the tasting is in The Rose, decent chance it won’t sell out as I believe that number 16-18 people. For the reserve tasting I did in Hook’s, I signed up about 2hrs before it started and I got the last spot.
As for the second part of you question I can’t answer it, I have no 1st hand knowledge of how that works.

I bought a bottle of the rare perfection 15 when we toured the Distillery owned by the master blender of the rare perfection. The distillery is Preservation and it was about $200 per bottle.

If you had to choose the old fashioned tasting or the whiskey tasting, which one? We are cruising in July and I want to book one.

As long as there is one person in the room with status, everyone in the room can book on the earlier date. But if you're in different rooms then you'll have different booking dates. To deal with this, sometimes large families with unequal castaway club status will play "musical staterooms" and shuffle the guests so that at least one guest with status is nominally in each stateroom. Then on the ship they request an extra key to the other rooms so that each person can sleep with their own spouses/families even if on paper they are assigned to another room. It adds complexity, e.g., figuring out stateroom account charges. But it's the only way I know of (other than concierge) for a guest with Castaway Club status to book activities for a first timer in an extended family/traveling together situation.

You don't say how many times they've sailed DCL before, but if they are just silver (1-4 prior cruises completed) there might not be a ton of spots even for them, so might not make a room reshuffle worthwhile. We're still in the inaugural year for the WIsh and seems like for a lot of things it is pretty slim pickings if you aren't at least gold level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter