Reservations/Park Hopping

Tinkerbell19672

DIS Veteran
It looks like we have to select which park to start in when making reservations and can’t hop until 1pm. After 1:00, can we hop back and forth as much as we want to or do we have to stay in the other park for the rest of the day? Also, if we aren’t arriving until late afternoon, will it matter which park we select on reservation to start in?

Haven't tried it yet but apparently you do have to enter the park you selected first as your first park even if you arrive after 1 PM. And, yes, you are supposed to be able to hop back and forth as you please after 1 PM subject to space availability. There have so far been no reports of people's hopping being restricted. We always saw some capacity limitations during the Christmas/New Year's time before, so I wouldn't be surprised if at some point a high capacity day causes temporary gate closures so that's the subject to availability part.

We were just there a few weeks ago. Yes, you do need to tap into your starting park before you can hop. After 1:00 we were able to hop back and forth as often as we wanted with no problems.

Great thanks! I’m hoping these hopping restrictions aren’t permanent. One reason I like DL over WDW is way less planning.

Now that there are no more Magic Mornings, is there a strategy as to which Park to start at anymore?

If doing ROTR is a top priority, choose Disneyland as the starting park as I trust hotel wifi more than Park wifi and have been successful getting into a boarding group at 7 a.m. outside of the parks. If unsuccessful, you can try the noon drop again and if successful, you can try for WS in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter