Reservations for one

beachfan

Mouseketeer
When I try to make a reservation for solo dining the times are awful. If I try for two people the time slots are much better.My question is if I book for two and just show up
myself will I be charged for the second reservation?

You could book for 2 and modify the reservation to 1. That may work?

When I try to make a reservation for solo dining the times are awful. If I try for two people the time slots are much better.My question is if I book for two and just show up
myself will I be charged for the second reservation?
I've never had trouble doing this--I have literally even told the CMs at the restaurant when I show up that I was unable to find any reservations for one, and they were sympathetic. I have never been charged. As PP mentioned, check as your date gets closers to see if you can modify to 1.

I also had to call and go through about four CMs to get an Epcot Forever Fireworks package for one back in 2019. It was kind of hilarious--when I arrived they had actually ADDED a small table with a single chair in a dark corner of the patio, just for me 🤣

I almost always book for 2 and don't modify it. Rarely, if ever, is there actually a one top table so if you were to actually get it modified to one, you are going to be sat at a two top. They don't charge ever except for on pre-paid meals if less show up, as long as someone does. Usually when I check in, I just check in for one. No explanation and they don't need one (or frankly probably don't want one).

I almost always book for 2 and don't modify it. Rarely, if ever, is there actually a one top table so if you were to actually get it modified to one, you are going to be sat at a two top. They don't charge ever except for on pre-paid meals if less show up, as long as someone does. Usually when I check in, I just check in for one. No explanation and they don't need one (or frankly probably don't want one).
for prepaid meals make the second person under 3 as they are not charged

As a solo traveler I’ve definitely encountered the same problem, the system is NOT friendly to 1 person bookings. So, I book the time I want (sometimes you even have to go to 3 people) and do mobile check in. When you do mobile check in you have the option to tell them how many people and I drop it down to one. Never had a problem. When it’s not working I tell the staff I’m just 1 and I’ve never had an issue.

I was told to do this decades ago by cm. And the under 3 yo guest also. Their system prefers to match exact headcount to exact table in inventory. Add a guest whenever needed.

Nowadays it’s mostly DH and I and I’ve been finding I need to make ADRs for 4ppl instead of just the 2 I need as there is far more availability.
Easy to understand as restaurants have more 4-tops than 2.

We're often seated at a 4-top so learned some years ago to check for availability for 4 if nothing shows for 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter