Reservations for dinner at ABC commissary

Nohal

DIS Veteran
I really want to eat dinner at ABC commissary but don't know what day I'll be at HS. Is it really necessary to make ADR's for that restaurant. I've eaten there for lunch the last few trips and while the dining tables seem limited we always found a place to sit. We'll be there the end of April so not during an extremely busy time.

When we went in November, the left half of the restaurant was for walk ups and the right half was for adr. You’re probably fine just looking for a table when you arrive.

I did notice that ABC Commissary takes dinner reservations now. I don’t understand why. I’m in the same boat as you. As much hate as that restaurant gets, we find it to be the best QS in HS. I don’t want to reserve a dining time because we don’t know when we’ll be there.

We were there in December for dinner, no reservations, quick service and plenty of seating!

We went in late August and had a reservation for dinner. The right side of the restaurant was for reservations and it was dead. They had a CM checking for your reservation after you got your pager and drinks to allow you into the seating area on the right. They bring the food to your table when it is ready. I had to walk through the left side of the restaurant to use the restroom and it was packed. I was glad we had made reservations as it was so quiet and peaceful on the right side. We have another reservation for dinner this May.

Last edited:
I did notice that ABC Commissary takes dinner reservations now. I don’t understand why. I’m in the same boat as you. As much hate as that restaurant gets, we find it to be the best QS in HS. I don’t want to reserve a dining time because we don’t know when we’ll be there.
You do not need to make an ADR, however now you can. It's your decision. If I knew I was in DHS during our normal dining time I would make one because they keep us on a decent schedule. I think it's the best of both worlds, as ABC can now accomodate those who like them and those who do not

From what I've seen looking at ADR availability, as long as you are a bit flexible on your time, there is day of availability for ABC Commissary dinner. I would feel comfortable holding off until you know which day you will be at HS. A lot of people don't even know there is an option for an ADR at this location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter