Reservations at non-home resorts

Martin S

Mouseketeer
Another question for you very helpful experts out there :

How difficult is it to book at your non-home resort as you have to wait until the 7 month window opens up ? I'm assuming it depends on the season.

We will generally be travelling out of peak season, probably October and May. If we buy at the Beach Club will we have any problems getting a booking at the VWL during these times if we fancy a change ?

TIA

I haven't had a lot of experience at this (yet!), but my understanding is that certain locations / seasons can be difficult, i.e. most resorts during early December (less points) and Thanksgiving, VWL at Christmas, Grand Villas (OKW and BWV) most times - and maybe other variables I haven't come across!

So far, we have had no trouble with our requests other than a GV at OKW last October when we had 5 nights rather than the 7 we'd planned (but I didn't stay on the waitlist very long, so this may have come through later). We own at VWL, but have stayed at OKW and BWV with no problem so far, travelling in October.

I suppose one factor which might be relevant to you is that VWL is the smallest DVC resort, so that might be more difficult to book than the others.

Our "home" resort is VWL and the first 2 trips (HHI and VB) were reserved without a problem at the 7 month period.

F.Y.I., These were for trips in May (2002 and 2003). Good Luck!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

October, especially late October when the wine and food festival is running, fills up quickly in all the resorts. I would guess that VWL wouldn't be too difficult. That is only a guess, I have no experience and don't recall anyone else's experience.

Although there are no guarantees, I don't think you should have too much trouble in May and October.

This year we switched our BWV ressie to BCV for our May holiday at the 7 month window with no problem.

Kev

I am going on holiday the end of October and my home resort is OKW. I switched at the 7 month window the first 4 nights to BWV. I phoned day by day and guest services recommeded that I carry on doing that until my reservation is complete. There was no problem doing this. Friends of ours are going at the same time and switched the last 5 nights to WLV at the 7 month window and did not do it day to day.

So as long as you phone as soon as you can then there shouldn't be any problem.

Last year we switched from a studio to a 1 bedroom at a couple of months out. We had to go on the wait list, but it all came through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter