• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reservation Questions (Group of 10)

shb5007

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are experienced Disney travelers / planners... however we have never been with more than 4 people.

Next February we will be traveling with 10. Today was our dining reservation day... and I now have a few questions.

1.) We have 10 reserved at Ohana. Will they split us to 2 tables? If so, can we request to be close together?

2.) We have 10 reserved for Mama Melrose (Fantasmic package). Will they split us to 2 tables? If so, can we request to be close together?

3.) We have 5 reserved for Garden Grill breakfast at 8:05 am and 5 reserved for Garden Grill breakfast at 8:10am. Any chance we can sit together? Or close?

Any other tips on these?

If you have a party of 10 reserved I am not sure why you wouldn't be sitting together. Did you read something saying differently?

I also traveled with a group of 10. I called Dining and there were a few restaurants that I wanted and the agent specifically told me we'd have two tables. They were very helpful in finding places that seat 10. We got all the reservations we wanted for 10. Good luck
PS I made sure I told them we were a group (back then it was a Grand Gathering)

1. If they have to split you, they will. Of course you can
If you have a party of 10 reserved I am not sure why you wouldn't be sitting together. Did you read something saying differently?
not all restaurants are able to seat large parties together. For example a restaurant that only has booths that seat six, cannot put ten people at one of those tables. Physics or something :)

1. If they have to split you, they will. Of course you can

not all restaurants are able to seat large parties together. For example a restaurant that only has booths that seat six, cannot put ten people at one of those tables. Physics or something :)

Yes but I would assume you share ajoing tables with a small space between the tables. That was my thought not that it's a singular table.

Yes you could be split up and yes you can always request to be close and they will accommodate if they can.

We mostly eat with groups of 8-11 people. We have never been split when are all on one ADR, but always know that it could happen. We have not eaten at Ohana or Mama Melrose with more than 8, so I’m sorry I can’t help there!

I also booked my ADRs this week and could also only get Garden Grill split up into 2 ADRs. We will ask to be seated closely, but know that it may not work out. I like to go in expecting that they won’t be able to seat us close, and be pleasantly surprised if they can :)

Thanks for all of the feedback.

All of our ADR's are for 10 people (except Garden Grill which is two groups of 5), and we tried to make them earlier in hopes of being able to sit together / nearby.

I just wasn't sure if they even seat 10 people together (have the capability) at Ohana, Mama Melrose, and / or Garden Grill.

I guess we will see what happens!

We have done parties of 10 twice in the last couple of years. At Mama Melrose, they put us at 1 long table both times, and it was great. At Ohana, the first time, they split us up into 2 round tables right near the front entry. I wasn't happy about it, but there wasn't anything that I could do. The second trip they sat us right in the center of the restaurant in a long table and we had so much fun. I can't help you with Garden Grill...never been there! Other places we had great luck sitting together was Via Napoli, San Angel, Be our Guest, California Grill, Homecomin' (just to name a few). Another place that gave us trouble was Narcooosee's. That one did make me very annoyed as they split us clear across the restaurant from each other, didn't even make an effort to put us nearby, said it would be a "couple hours wait" to make it happen.

Another place that gave us trouble was Narcooosee's. That one did make me very annoyed as they split us clear across the restaurant from each other, didn't even make an effort to put us nearby, said it would be a "couple hours wait" to make it happen.
But realistically, what did you expect them to do? People have ADRs for different size parties at different times throughout the restaurant hours. Disney does warn guests with each reservation that the party might have to be split - even when the booking is for two. Or one. How do you split one person?

If I remember correctly Garden Grill is set up in one big circle with revolving booths, I don’t think you could get 10 in one booth, and once again if I remember correctly you can possibly hope for being one in front of the other but it wouldn’t be right next to each other

My wife and I are experienced Disney travelers / planners... however we have never been with more than 4 people.

Next February we will be traveling with 10. Today was our dining reservation day... and I now have a few questions.

1.) We have 10 reserved at Ohana. Will they split us to 2 tables? If so, can we request to be close together?

2.) We have 10 reserved for Mama Melrose (Fantasmic package). Will they split us to 2 tables? If so, can we request to be close together?

3.) We have 5 reserved for Garden Grill breakfast at 8:05 am and 5 reserved for Garden Grill breakfast at 8:10am. Any chance we can sit together? Or close?

Any other tips on these?
We were also 10 at Ohanas and we sat together....the other 2 places I don't know...Trattoria al forno on the Boardwalk sat 12 of us together and in Epcot Marakeesh sat us all together...some restaurants just dont have the space...

We have done parties of 10 twice in the last couple of years. At Mama Melrose, they put us at 1 long table both times, and it was great. At Ohana, the first time, they split us up into 2 round tables right near the front entry. I wasn't happy about it, but there wasn't anything that I could do. The second trip they sat us right in the center of the restaurant in a long table and we had so much fun. I can't help you with Garden Grill...never been there! Other places we had great luck sitting together was Via Napoli, San Angel, Be our Guest, California Grill, Homecomin' (just to name a few). Another place that gave us trouble was Narcooosee's. That one did make me very annoyed as they split us clear across the restaurant from each other, didn't even make an effort to put us nearby, said it would be a "couple hours wait" to make it happen.
Naarcoossee's just doesn't have much space for large tables...they did seat 8 of us for our Ann. dinner once..it was tight i will say...

If I remember correctly Garden Grill is set up in one big circle with revolving booths, I don’t think you could get 10 in one booth, and once again if I remember correctly you can possibly hope for being one in front of the other but it wouldn’t be right next to each other

I was thinking the same. And those booths are set up so that it isn't that easy to chat with the one next to you. We have sat adults in a booth, and I think it would be uncomfortable with more.

We've traveled to Disney frequently with a large party (11-12 people) and have only been seated separately when our reservations were actually separate- example Garden Grill. All Restaurants that we were able to make 1 reservation for everyone at has always sat us together at 1 table (including Ohana).

Fwiw as a family of 8 we we split up at CRT. But we were right across from each other.

We had a group of 12 at Ohana and they sat us no problem. Every time we’ve gone, we have had a couple of large (between 10-14) ADRs and we’ve never been split. Even at 50’s Prime Time which took a little bit of geometry. Enjoy!

Thanks for all of the input. I guess we will just wait and see.

We are very easy going about these things, but it is our first visit with our daughter (2 years old) and we are bringing family (hence the number of 10)... so it will be a battle trying to balance out which family sits with the baby and such... but it will all work out. :)

Thanks!

We were a group of 17 and ate at Ohana together at a large table in the middle of the restaurant. Since we were such a large group whenever we had two separate reservations I would get there about 15 min ahead of the reservation time and ask if we would be able to sit at tables close together. Most restaurants were able to accommodate seating us at close tables which worked but we knew it was such a big party if we were split up we were fine with it. We're traveling with a group of 14 next month and I'm planning on doing the same thing for our reservations that are split.

I think it depends on the restaurant and the availability of tables. We have gone to Disney three times with large parties. Only once were we separated and not placed near each other. It was at BOG. My family sat in the main dining area and my sister's family & my mom sat in the other dining area. But when we went with my sister-n-law's family to BOG, all ten of us were placed with joining tables in the main dining area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter