• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reservation question, and general advice request

starshine514

DIS Veteran
I am a Disneyland veteran, but haven’t been to WDW in over a decade, so basically a newbie. :)

We are thinking about going to WDW for spring break. I have tickets that I bought years ago. I linked them to my Disney account last night and I see that our dates are available. If I make reservations and then end up needing to change our dates, will that be an issue?

Also, could someone point me to the best place(s) to get caught up on WDW? How it works in general, with COVID restrictions, and with food allergies (two of my three kiddos have dietary restrictions - egg, milk, gluten, peanut, soy). We will have a timeshare week offsite.

Thanks!

No issue changing dates for your park reservations, for tickets purchased years ago. Having parks booked doesn't affect your tickets at all. If you decide to change dates, just cancel the reservations for the dates you have booked, and book new ones.

The best source for up to date info is the Disney website. They are doing a good job keeping the "Know Before You Go" sections updated. And there may well be more changes before a spring trip, so it's good to keep referencing it.

Walt Disney World Updates - Know Before You Go

Special Dietary Requests

One piece of caution I will give you regarding park reservations is that HS tends to book up faster than the other parks. So, if you have to change your dates you could end up not getting a HS day because they are all full now.

Food allergies: most places have allergy menus. Those that don't have actual allergy menus can usually accommodate your allergies in some way, shape or form. Many places will offer to have one of the chef's/cooks/managers come talk to you about what your allergy is and what options they have. If you have a picky eater, they can usually come up with something for them. They really are quite good about accommodating food allergies these days.

I am a Disneyland veteran, but haven’t been to WDW in over a decade, so basically a newbie. :)

We are thinking about going to WDW for spring break. I have tickets that I bought years ago. I linked them to my Disney account last night and I see that our dates are available. If I make reservations and then end up needing to change our dates, will that be an issue?

Also, could someone point me to the best place(s) to get caught up on WDW? How it works in general, with COVID restrictions, and with food allergies (two of my three kiddos have dietary restrictions - egg, milk, gluten, peanut, soy). We will have a timeshare week offsite.

Thanks!

I'm an allergy mama. In typical times, Disney is my favorite place to go because they do such a great job with allergies. I will admit I am a bit anxious in Covid times with the reduced offerings. We are having groceries delivered to our resort and plan to take lunch in for my son each day, and then attempt to eat in the park. Most of our dinners are table service, so I'm hoping that they will be able to be a bit more accommodating than the counter service places. In the event that we do counter service for dinner and he cannot eat, we'll have food for him back at the resort. We are going Thanksgiving week, so I can let you know how it goes for us (by the way, my son is nut, dairy, and egg allergic).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter