reservation confirmations: do i need to bring them to restaurants with me?

amcdona3

Mouseketeer
last year when we visited (after not visiting WDW for years) we only had about 3 sit down meals with reservations. we made the reservations over the phone so i just brough a post it note w/ our confirmation #s on it to the restaurants. they never asked for these numbers though. so for this coming trip in may i booked out ADR's online. do i need to bring these print outs that disney emails to us or will just writing down the numbers be fine?

do you find that they ask for reservation confirmation numbers when you arrive at your restaurants?

i've never had them ask for a confirmation number...like you, i used to bring them with me, but i never do anymore because they've never asked and i've never needed them...your reservation should be in the system...

then again, it may be better to be safe than sorry....

Same thing here - I dutifully record all my ADR confirmation numbers and bring them with me to the restaurants, but have yet to need to provide those numbers. They only ask for last name.

If they lose the reservation, it's better to have the confirmation number with you. This actually happened to some friends last year.

better safe than sorry. We have never needed them but I always make a quick excel spreadsheet with name/conf # and time and shove it in my bag for the trip so I have it just in case

I did the excel spread sheet and I also put the confirmation number in my phone, when I set up each ressie on my calendar.

all the places we ate only asked for our last name. I did however have a printout of the reservation just in case.

I needed my confirmation # at both Le Cellier (in Oct) and 1900 Park Fare (in April).

For whatever reason, they could not find our reservation when we checked in, but were able to pull it up with the confirmation #.

I pulled up all my reservations on disneyworld.com before I went and printed them out with the time and confirmation # on there. I didn't need it once but I at least liked knowing I had the #'s if I needed them!

Add me to the list of those that take reservation print outs with me. I've never had an issue but would rather have proof with me if it comes down to it.

I always have them with me....just in case. I have had them not be able to find my name at the time I booked for. But, once I give them the conf. number I'm good to go. Not sure how they get the wrong name in there, but they have. I'm hoping that with online ADRs now going on, the name issue should disappear.

mine are in my blackberry so it's with me anyways and good thing too.

last trip we had reservations at 4pm in Canada in Epcot.

we showed up and they told us our reservations was at 1 and we were very late. i said noooo it was at 1 but we changed it weeks ago and here's the new confirmation number.

the reservation was made but instead of cancelling the old one cancelled the new one instead (system or cm i dont' know)

I am also one who puts them in my phone. The wonderful thing is I can put them on my calendar for each day, with the time, place and the # so I don't have to worry about losing paper or getting it wet and not being able to read it. I do have a print out in my room but my phone is always with me in a ziplock bag. Plus its great to look at my phone and be able to tell my DBf where we are going for dinner and what time and not have to be in the room. Plus it makes me happy to see them because that means I am a week or less away from my trip!!! (My phone has the calendar on the front and it shows apts a week out)

Like many others, I have never had a problem. But, I do pull up all my ADRs and then send them to myself in an e-mail. Then I carry that with me. I figure that is more "official" if I were ever to have a problem.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I do bring mine we did have to give them the number once to find us. I just put them on a small card laminate and through it in my fanny pack.

I always get the Concierge print out when we check in. I have only ever needed them twice, and at the same restaurant. 50's primetime. I checked in both times and received a rather terse response that not only did I not have a reservation but they were fully booked. Once I provided the concierge printout with numbers they did find my reservations by using the confirmation number.

hope you got a warm apology once it was found - nothing like being confronted with obnoxious behaviour only to be able to prove them wrong.

mistakes happen i know (as per our lost reservation at Canada) but there's no need for rudeness no matter how busy they are. that's the business they chose to be in and if it's too much for them to handle maybe they should transfer to some behind the scenes position

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter