Resale Restriction Notification Gone

TexasChick123

Always Dreaming of Our Next Vacation
DVC Silver
I was looking at my dashboard last night, and I clicked on my “notifications”. It says that I have 3 notifications. Up until last night, those notifications were the one about Moonlight Magic, the one about adding on at Riviera to get incentives, and the one about the resale restrictions. While it still says I have 3 notifications, the notification about the resale restrictions is noticeably absent. I only have 2 notifications, but it’s still listing 3. What does this mean?

1) Nothing at all
2) Resale restrictions are being removed;
3) A new way to “qualify resale Riviera points” is going to be announced;
4) Something else entirely

Time to speculate.

I vote 1). Disney felt they’ve done their due diligence in letting people know there’s a new Sheriff in town. Now they’re done advertising it.

I also wonder if this is the motivation behind it missing from the "notifications" section. They want to bring less attention to the resale restrictions because of all the bad press they're getting about them.

Interesting I had just looked there yesterday for first time in a while and notice that, but you are right today that notification is gone. My guess is same they just got tired of advertising it.

I agree - it means nothing except they left it up enough to let anyone know. That said, I do not think they will hide it. This was done intentionally as a sales pitch, they will want to let buyers know if they ask about resale.

I bet you that somebody at Disney screwed up. The RIV sales incentives message should have expired yesterday 4/30, while the RIV resale restrictions did not. They simply took down the wrong RIV notification.

On the plus side, if they reverse their restrictions on RIV count me in for calling my guide.

Considering DVC's conduct in the last several months, it probably means they are in the process of changing it to expand the restriction to include all pre-Jan 2019 resale purchasers.

Considering DVC's conduct in the last several months, it probably means they are in the process of changing it to expand the restriction to include all pre-Jan 2019 resale purchasers.

Man, I hope not.

I think they are actively trying to figure out how to restrict future resales of all properties to only their home resort so that the L14 would be included. This would make all new direct sales look better than any direct sales of sold out properties because of price and better than any resale because of no restrictions. Considering the bulk of my points are in L14 resorts, I hope this never comes to pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter