Requesting server

epcot1stfave

DIS Veteran
Is there an email address to request a server or will I have to phone. Also if you have already made a M.D.R. request (particular area) would that be cancelled.
Thanks Michael

I have always requested a server through my TA, or one time we requested her as we boarded. I must say we were very surprised that our table didn’t change but she was moved so she served our area.

Is there an email address to request a server or will I have to phone. Also if you have already made a M.D.R. request (particular area) would that be cancelled.
Thanks Michael

I'd definitely decide what is more important - the server or the dining rotation - and state that preference when you make the request. I'd also make it by phone so they can read it back to you.

They are not always able to change server locations even with notice, so if you have not stated a preference order for the requests, they may just guess and give you the least important.

(Also keep in mind that the requested server could be on vacation, could have been moved to another ship (yes, it can happen very suddenly), or may not be available for any other number of reasons.)

I got a tip recently to wait for the 24/7 chat to be available and go through that to request a server. I don't know if there's specific times for the chat, I just checked occasionally and when it was there, I did it. I was able to make my server request in about 5 minutes. We sail in 10 days, so I won't know if we get it until then. But, it was faster than calling. I recommend making sure you have your reservation number ready as they'll ask for it!

I just send an email thru the contact us link on the DCL website. I request a private table, our preferred server and the location of our VGT cabin in one email. I always get the standard email back saying they can’t guarantee anything, but we are batting 1000 on requests for our last 3 cruises.

You can make dining requests now on the website at the bottom of the page when you pull up your reservation.

Special Requests​

Add requests to be shared with our team on board. Request table locations, inform us of any dietary preferences, arrange a celebration or reserve child amenities.

Thanks, yes I have made a request online and was wondering if one would cancel the other.
Regards Michael

Thanks, yes I have made a request online and was wondering if one would cancel the other.
Regards Michael

There is always that possibility. DCL may assume that the server request is more important to you and disregard the rotation or table area request if both cannot be met.

That's why it's best to assign a preferential order to your requests. If you MDR rotation or location is more important, you need to make that clear. Or if the server is more important, you need to make that clear. Because otherwise the person doing the assigning will just go with whichever is easier for them - and it may not be what was more important to you.

You can make dining requests now on the website at the bottom of the page when you pull up your reservation.

Special Requests​

Add requests to be shared with our team on board. Request table locations, inform us of any dietary preferences, arrange a celebration or reserve child amenities.
I don't think this includes a place to request a server, though. You can only click on items...unless I missed it. I ended up just using the chat, which worked well.

I got a tip recently to wait for the 24/7 chat to be available and go through that to request a server. I don't know if there's specific times for the chat, I just checked occasionally and when it was there, I did it. I was able to make my server request in about 5 minutes. We sail in 10 days, so I won't know if we get it until then. But, it was faster than calling. I recommend making sure you have your reservation number ready as they'll ask for it!

Your request just has to be in 3 days before you sail

Yes, but it doesn't mean it's guaranteed. That's what I meant by saying that we'll find out.
Oh absolutely. My server told me that even with my request, he found out a couple days before that we were not assigned to him so he asked his manager for the change

We always call and email the server request. Then once onboard, i confirm it. If I did not get my server once onboard, i request again. Pretty much get him all the time. I facebook with him so I know if he is onboard. I only put in this one request to keep it simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter