Requesting rooms by family at the Values.....

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
How good is Disney giving you rooms by family members at the value resorts? I'm aiming for my next WDW trip in 2025. It will be my parents first time. They've been divorced for nearly 30 years, but we still all go on family vacations together. If it wasn't for my dad's loud snoring, they'd share a room, but the plan is to get three rooms. Some Disers and YouTubers are making Pop Century sound really fun, but I wouldn't want to stay there if we're all going to be scattered all over. All Star Sports is small enough in case we were all separated. Ideally, I'd like to get all three rooms next to each other, but would settle for the same building, same floor. What do you think the odds are of getting 3 rooms next to each other or on the same floor?

You can request it but there are no guarantees. Anyone who gives you odds is making them up, it might happen, it might not, you may not have a choice to settle for much less than you want.

Make the bookings, call Disney and ask them to note your booking numbers are all traveling together and ask them to make a room request to be near each other. Do not make any other room requests. Morning of check in whoever is at the hotel first should stop by the front desk and inquire if the request was honored, if it was not inquire if it can be.

Previous post is correct. No matter all the goodwill and intentions of the staff, they can't guarantee 3 suitable rooms close to each other will be available on the same day, and they can't start arranging other stays in advance to make sure it happens.

Last edited:
And make sure you all book the same room category. If one books standard, the others should, too. If one is preferred or pool and the others are standard, they may not be all that close. That is if everyone is booking separately.

We have stayed at the values many times over the years having 3 to 5 rooms. I'm talking about 20 trips. We always requested a" travel with" attached to our reservations and have never been separated. Disney always does their best to keep travel with parties together. Just our experience.

Last edited:
My family needed three rooms at Pop, we linked our reservations, requested adjoining or connecting as our only requests and fully expected to roll with whatever rooms we were assigned.
We ended up with 2 connecting and the third was adjoining so we were thrilled.
The reservations folks will do their best but it’s like putting a puzzle together with a pile of moving parts and even some missing pieces so make your requests but go in knowing they might not pan out - and that goes for all resorts, you won’t have better luck with requests at a deluxe just because you paid more.

How good is Disney giving you rooms by family members at the value resorts? I'm aiming for my next WDW trip in 2025. It will be my parents first time. They've been divorced for nearly 30 years, but we still all go on family vacations together. If it wasn't for my dad's loud snoring, they'd share a room, but the plan is to get three rooms. Some Disers and YouTubers are making Pop Century sound really fun, but I wouldn't want to stay there if we're all going to be scattered all over. All Star Sports is small enough in case we were all separated. Ideally, I'd like to get all three rooms next to each other, but would settle for the same building, same floor. What do you think the odds are of getting 3 rooms next to each other or on the same floor?
We've been going to Disney for over 2 decades with extended family at least annually at all levels of resorts (including values about 50% of the time.) We have ALWAYS gotten a connected room with my mom with 2 other rooms very close by. It is not a guarantee, but have them note your request on your reservation and I'd say you have a very good chance.

We've been going to Disney for over 2 decades with extended family at least annually at all levels of resorts (including values about 50% of the time.) We have ALWAYS gotten a connected room with my mom with 2 other rooms very close by. It is not a guarantee, but have them note your request on your reservation and I'd say you have a very good chance.
WOW. About half a dozen trips and even doing traveling with notations we haven’t been connected, have been on a different floor a couple times 🙄 But, we are a traveling party of adults, I believe Disney prioritizes connecting when kids are involved.

WOW. About half a dozen trips and even doing traveling with notations we haven’t been connected, have been on a different floor a couple times 🙄 But, we are a traveling party of adults, I believe Disney prioritizes connecting when kids are involved.
Hmmm...weird. I think they only prioritize that if there's only 1 adult, as in they won't leave only kids alone in a non-connecting room. I wonder if it has to do with how you make the reservations. I make all 4 of ours at the same time (all still on separate mde accounts, separate names and reservation numbers,) but always have them link them and then put our request in for connecting on 2 and the other 2 close by. I think the furthest we've ever been apart from one of the other families is like 3 doors. Hopefully you have better luck in the future.

Make sure you are requesting “connecting rooms”, not “adjoining or next to”. There’s a difference when assigning rooms, especially if it’s all adults. And make sure you are all booking the same room categories. If you book preferred and others book standard, you won’t be together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter