Requesting a room at the VGF ~ Wants vs. Needs.

Lorilais_mommie

" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the
IM trying to figure out the best way to word our room request.
We have a standard one bedroom for two nights after our cruise.

What I need: Non-handicap room (must have a bath tub) If my hip injury flares up, the only relief I find is soaking in a VERY hot bath. I also have two small children, so a bath is much easier than a shower.

What I want: We would like to be able to view the fireworks from our balcony.. My youngest does not like fireworks b/c of the sound and crowds..
I thought this might be a nice for her to finally enjoy them.

So what I've come up with is-
"We would like any non-handicap room ending with 03,09,27.. Higher the better. "

Is this a best way to request what we want?
Or should we just ask for a non-handicap room and hope we get something with a view?

The tubs in VGF are incredible so I would ask non-ADA room for sure.

I wouldn't ask for a non-handicapped room I would request a room with a tub- since that is really what you need. Sometimes the room assigners see something with handicapped and put you there instead of seeing the not.

IM trying to figure out the best way to word our room request.
We have a standard one bedroom for two nights after our cruise.

What I need: Non-handicap room (must have a bath tub) If my hip injury flares up, the only relief I find is soaking in a VERY hot bath. I also have two small children, so a bath is much easier than a shower.

What I want: We would like to be able to view the fireworks from our balcony.. My youngest does not like fireworks b/c of the sound and crowds..
I thought this might be a nice for her to finally enjoy them.

So what I've come up with is-
"We would like any non-handicap room ending with 03,09,27.. Higher the better. "

Is this a best way to request what we want?
Or should we just ask for a non-handicap room and hope we get something with a view?
I'd ask for a tub for medical reasons. Or I'd reserve a HC room that has a tub which is the only way to guarantee the option. Otherwise you're taking that risk and you know it otherwise. If you ever look to exchange and this is still an issue, please check out the bath situation ahead of time. One of the resorts I own, a top resort, does not have tubs at all in the master, only a smaller regular tub in the second BA.

Don't all the one bedrooms at VGF have tubs? I though it was only a few one bedrooms in Jambo that ended up tubless.

Don't all the one bedrooms at VGF have tubs? I though it was only a few one bedrooms in Jambo that ended up tubless.

I've only seen a couple of reports on the HA rooms at VGF and nothing on a 1 or 2BR with a roll in shower. But pictures of an HA bathroom were posted for a 1BR just a couple of days ago here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51575509&postcount=250

It has a regular tub with grab bars and no separate shower - an odd configuration for a 1BR. The HA standard 2BR showed the similar configuration for the bath. So with that odd design for an HA room with a tub it's hard to say what an HA room with a roll-in shower room might have until someone posts pictures. I agree that it should have a tub though.

You need to request a high floor near the elevator and facing the GF. That's your only chance, but be prepared not to get it since they really only have a couple of rooms like this. We just had a six floor room GF side, but the fireworks were out of view. The view was great for a "standard" view, considering in January we had a room looking at red shingles, but someone has to get that view too, so we didn't request a change. IMHO, only Vero Beach honors request, we have request prime ocean view rooms and booked at 11 months and it's been granted both last year and this year.

The tubs in VGF are incredible so I would ask non-ADA room for sure.
We used the spa tub with the kids last time. The "bubbles" that come up were actually cold. For a standard bubble bath, I had to let water out and add more hot water twice. It's definitely less scary than the whirlpool tubs for my youngest.

We used the spa tub with the kids last time. The "bubbles" that come up were actually cold. For a standard bubble bath, I had to let water out and add more hot water twice. It's definitely less scary than the whirlpool tubs for my youngest.

So no way to make them warm? that sounds awful.. I wonder if maybe it was broken?

I think the bubbles are probably room air temp which if you are in a hot bath will feel cool. It is a different system than the water jets that are recirculating the warm water from the tub. The air needs to be pulled in separately to the tub and can be warmed (don't know if it is for VGF) but if the air line is too long it also can cool before getting to the tub.

If it cold. I won't use the bubbles..

Should I even asked for a high floor? Or just keep it simple?
And stick with just asking for a tub?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter