Repositioning Cruise from Vancouver?

Hi just a quick note to you.. just got back from Vancouver / Alaska and we love your city! Beautiful downtown and sea wall area all the way to Stanley park. I know its expensive to live there but you do get what you pay for :)

Oh yay, i'm glad you had such a wonderful time!! We don't get downtown as nearly as often as we like (we live about 45 minutes east of the downtown core) but we try to get down to Stanley Park to do the seawall and beaches when we can. How did you like Alaska? We are on the August 28th sailing this year :)
I'm so glad you loved our city! It IS beautiful and I feel very fortunate to call this corner of the world HOME :)

We're all booked!!! We went with the balcony room for five and we're soooo excited!

If you book connecting rooms, Mickey doesn't do bed check, so you and your DH can sleep in one room with the kids in the other. Another perk to connecting rooms -- two bathrooms and double the storage space.

If you want, the room steward can prop open the connecting door so you'll have one big room. or not. You might want your privacy.

The year we did it the cruise stopped Victoria and Mexico and ended in Los Angeles. We then spent 3 days in Disneyland. Great trip except the day over half of the passengers and half the servers were seasick. Bonine kept me going.

The only thing I caution about is doing customs in San Diego. It is the only port where non US citizens go through customs ON the ship. And it's EARLY. They stagger the groups so that it's not too crowded (didn't work in 2015, it was a huge mess), starting at 6am.

thats odd we did alaska on the Wonder, Vancouver to Seattle, and we went thru US Immigration in Vancouver before boarding the ship. Also, if the ship is stopping in Oregon, I think they are going to have to do Immigration check in Vancouver, or folks wont be able to get off the ship

thats odd we did alaska on the Wonder, Vancouver to Seattle, and we went thru US Immigration in Vancouver before boarding the ship. Also, if the ship is stopping in Oregon, I think they are going to have to do Immigration check in Vancouver, or folks wont be able to get off the ship

As far as I know it is STILL done this way in San Diego because I read a trip report recently from someone who the panama canal cruise this Spring and it was the same thing. But like you said since the 2018 cruise is making a US stop (Oregon) instead of a Canadian stop (Victoria) maybe customs won't be an issue at all in San Diego.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter