Report that Stroller restrictions are coming.

Im worried about that 31in width requirement, we have a small double umbrella that we have used at disney in the past. The manufacturer lists its width at 31.2... its small, much smaller than most other doubles especially the ones you can rent from disney. I cant see many doubles meeting that requirement. Front- backs are too long and side by sides are all going to be too wide... we have 2 little ones, many other people do too. How will they enforce this? will a cm at check in have a tape measure... couldn’t i just keep my stroller folded up when we enter?

Update: double checked manufacturer dimensions... suddenly they list the width at 29.9... on amazon where i bought it, and advertise it as being to fit thru 30in doors... the model hasnt been changed since we bought last year. Its called the delta lx... in case anyone is interested. I’ll break out the measuring tape after work to figure out the truth.

Most side-by-side double strollers, except the large joggers, should still be OK with the tighter dimensions. I've been looking at strollers and so far the only one I found too wide is the Summit X3. There may be others that I haven't looked up yet, but I've looked at several so far and all (except the Summit X3) are less than 31".

Wagons have not been allowed for a while. Since everyone needs to go through security and the tapstyle, why the heck didn't they tell them that wagon was not allowed?
That’s the issue. For whatever reason CMs aren’t distinguishing between the two types. I think this total ban is a direct result of the increase of all wagons. Maybe there was too much arguing at the gate? I even saw a plastic Step 2 wagon inside the park.

I had been looking at the Keenz and Veer for when we hopefully expand our family because our toddler is huge, and his height is in his torso.

I know they look big, but as has been demonstrated in this thread they're similar in size to a double stroller. The Keenz especially looks massive because of the canopy design. Excluding it because it can be pulled is silly. I can also pull my BOB stroller like a wagon and have all over grocery stores and Target when I needed to also push a cart. I wish they would have just better trained the CMs to tell the difference and explain to guests that brought a regular wagon why it wasn't allowed (trip hazard).

At least it takes a very expensive option off the table. I feel bad for the families that already made the investment.

I dont think it is really about the size of the stroller or if it can be pushed or pulled. I think it is that the wagon-style design encourages people to use it to haul around a bunch of stuff like they are going camping (or at least makes people think it is more ok). You see some people entering and going through baggage check and you would think they are preparing for a weekend campout with all that they are hauling in with them. That stroller (wagon) of fans, jackets, ice chest, drink bottles, box of chips, remote battery chargers, extra bag with a change of clothes etc. takes up more room in the parks and more time at baggage check. That is not to say that some people will not do the same with a Graco stroller, just that it will be fewer people doing it.

Can someone confirm for me what they mean by "width" and "length"
I had assumed that "width" meant the across dimensions, from one side to the other, but that seems awfully small then that would mean length is very long.
I am just wondering if someone has a picture with the actual dimensions shown so I can see if my City Mini Double is within the dimensions. I specifically bought it for our trip and have already "pimped" it up to be Disney themed.

Can someone confirm for me what they mean by "width" and "length"
I had assumed that "width" meant the across dimensions, from one side to the other, but that seems awfully small then that would mean length is very long.
I am just wondering if someone has a picture with the actual dimensions shown so I can see if my City Mini Double is within the dimensions. I specifically bought it for our trip and have already "pimped" it up to be Disney themed.
The width goes from side to side while the length goes from head to toe. The length will be the biggest measurement on any stroller I can think of.

The City Mini Double is fine:
  • Dimensions (unfolded): 38.5" L x 29.75" W x 41.5" H
Width is from left to right as you are pushing it.
Length is from handle forward to toe box or from wheel, whichever sticks out further.

Enjoy your vacation!

Update: double checked manufacturer dimensions... suddenly they list the width at 29.9... on amazon where i bought it, and advertise it as being to fit thru 30in doors... the model hasnt been changed since we bought last year. Its called the delta lx... in case anyone is interested. I’ll break out the measuring tape after work to figure out the truth.
The tale of the tape for the delta LX: it’s definitely 29.9 wide at its widest point... the 31.2 figure is if you include the removable cupholder which detatches easily from the side.

Anyone looking for a good double umbrella for disney should check it out its about $75 on amazon

I dont think it is really about the size of the stroller or if it can be pushed or pulled. I think it is that the wagon-style design encourages people to use it to haul around a bunch of stuff like they are going camping (or at least makes people think it is more ok). You see some people entering and going through baggage check and you would think they are preparing for a weekend campout with all that they are hauling in with them. That stroller (wagon) of fans, jackets, ice chest, drink bottles, box of chips, remote battery chargers, extra bag with a change of clothes etc. takes up more room in the parks and more time at baggage check. That is not to say that some people will not do the same with a Graco stroller, just that it will be fewer people doing it.

The cost of real stroller wagons is kind of expensive, not something someone is likely to spend money on just to haul stuff. I'm sure budget options will come out eventually and then that could be an issue, and it does prevent disagreements with the people who don't understand why their beach wagon isn't allowed.

I wouldn't even care if my two year old weren't the size of a four year old. At least the BOB double squeaks in at 30.5” W and 48” D, that has a pretty generous weight and height limit.

The cost of real stroller wagons is kind of expensive, not something someone is likely to spend money on just to haul stuff. I'm sure budget options will come out eventually and then that could be an issue, and it does prevent disagreements with the people who don't understand why their beach wagon isn't allowed.

I wouldn't even care if my two year old weren't the size of a four year old. At least the BOB double squeaks in at 30.5” W and 48” D, that has a pretty generous weight and height limit.

I'd disagree here a bit, having read the posts of people who defend their Keenz and having seen them in the parks just loaded with stuff.

People with money will spend money on this stuff for that kind of a reason, among others of course.

Bonus is my tall kids were all stroller free at 4!

I'd disagree here a bit, having read the posts of people who defend their Keenz and having seen them in the parks just loaded with stuff.

People with money will spend money on this stuff for that kind of a reason, among others of course.

It just seems weird to spend that much money to haul around things like coolers (to save money), you might as well just go to a CS location. I, also, think it's just more noticeable with a wagon than a stroller when it's loaded down. Either way they are banned. I, personally, try to stick to the essentials because my kid is heavy enough without adding unnecessary things to my diaper bag to also have to lug around.

Bonus is my tall kids were all stroller free at 4!

He can walk long distances (and loves to), he's just a runner. Hopefully, that will greatly improve by the time he outgrows strollers.

It just seems weird to spend that much money to haul around things like coolers (to save money), you might as well just go to a CS location. I, also, think it's just more noticeable with a wagon than a stroller when it's loaded down. Either way they are banned. I, personally, try to stick to the essentials because my kid is heavy enough without adding unnecessary things to my diaper bag to also have to lug around.

He can walk long distances (and loves to), he's just a runner. Hopefully, that will greatly improve by the time he outgrows strollers.

Not everyone takes food to save money. Often it’s people who have food allergies or are otherwise medically complex and need to take their own food and drink. Some people need extra changes of clothes due to bathroom-related medical issues. Some people carry oxygen or other things for medical needs. Sure, some things are available in the park, but not all and certainly not all are conveniently located in an emergency. My family fortunately doesn’t fall into any of these categories, but I know so, so many that do. Just like not all kids who need a stroller are “lazy”. It’s easy to judge when your family members are all developmentally typical.

Not everyone takes food to save money. Often it’s people who have food allergies or are otherwise medically complex and need to take their own food and drink. Some people need extra changes of clothes due to bathroom-related medical issues. Some people carry oxygen or other things for medical needs. Sure, some things are available in the park, but not all and certainly not all are conveniently located in an emergency. My family fortunately doesn’t fall into any of these categories, but I know so, so many that do. Just like not all kids who need a stroller are “lazy”. It’s easy to judge when your family members are all developmentally typical.

This seems a little confrontational, but I could very well be reading your intention wrong.

My son, actually, had so many protein allergies at birth that we couldn't identify them all. We are very thankful to God that he has outgrown them (infant protein allergies are normally temporary, but not always). I was that mother who had to bring safe drinks, food, and snacks everywhere we went. I was the mother who wondered if my son would ever be able to eat pizza like most other kids, he couldn't even have cake his first birthday because we didn't have enough identified safe ingredients to make an allergy free cake. I've stressed over things like if a theme park would let us bring in the food my son needed (not Disney World) or if I would have to waste precious park time defending my son's needs to customer service.

I was referring to why most people bring in coolers, I'm very aware people might need coolers for things like medically necessary food or medication, but they are a small fraction of those who bring in food and drinks. I, also, think Disney's policy on the issue is great and much more customer friendly than some of its competition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter