Reopening of AMA AMA in May?? Rumor worth spreading….

If this is true while I am there late May/early June... I will eat straight through the entire menu and report back!

If this is true while I am there late May/early June... I will eat straight through the entire menu and report back!
We are there at the same time! May 27-30! Hope we both get to review the reopening!

We'll be there after our cruise -- May 21-23. I would love to experience the restaurant!

We’ll be there in September prior to cruising. Can I ask how you’re getting to the port?
DCL has a shuttle bus. We’re using Charlie’s Taxi to get from the airport to Aulani. We usually rent a car but this time we’re only staying a couple nights

For those asking in previous posts about when Ama Ama is reopening there’s one point I would like to clarify. It’s becoming clear that the restaurant remaining closed has less to do with COVID policy and more to do with staffing and operations.

For those asking in previous posts about when Ama Ama is reopening there’s one point I would like to clarify. It’s becoming clear that the restaurant remaining closed has less to do with COVID policy and more to do with staffing and operations.

Yes, I think a lot of us knew that all along. An open-air restaurant with tables far enough apart they would have qualified as socially-distanced even during the worst of the pandemic? There was really never a valid COVID reason for 'Ama 'Ama to be closed at all.

Yes, I think a lot of us knew that all along. An open-air restaurant with tables far enough apart they would have qualified as socially-distanced even during the worst of the pandemic? There was really never a valid COVID reason for 'Ama 'Ama to be closed at all.
Yep… Hope they get it back up and running again soon. In the meantime, anyone looking for a nice open air restaurant nearby should consider Longhi's. Just down the street in Ko Olina at the Marriott.

Last edited:

Yes, this is 100% correct. We were in Oahu the first week of March and stayed at the Four Seasons because they were fully staffed and had all the amenities available and Aulani was not and thus did not have all the amenities available.

Just out of curiosity, I looked up Aulani job openings and found a listing posted 6 days ago for "Chef De Cuisine - Ama'Ama"... Based on that it feels like they're probably gearing up to reopen, but I can't imagine how quickly that's going to happen (assuming this posting is actually current and legit).

EDIT: Waaaaaaahhhhh my husband had bad info!!! Off the Hook took over some od their space and launched a new menu yesterday. Cast member said not til the end of the year..

We’re here now and AMA AMA was open last night for dinner!

Also here now. Unfortunately AMA AMA is not open yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter