• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renting Points from Disney

Kriss1973

Earning My Ears
I was talking to my brother about renting vacation club points from a broker. He told me he saw a YouTube video about renting points directly from Disney cheaper than a broker. Naturally he doesn't recall what video he watched. Does anyone have any additional information about this process? Thank you!

There is no renting DVC points directly from Disney as far as I know. You can rent points directly from a DVC owner or through a broker.

I was talking to my brother about renting vacation club points from a broker. He told me he saw a YouTube video about renting points directly from Disney cheaper than a broker. Naturally he doesn't recall what video he watched. Does anyone have any additional information about this process? Thank you!

When you go through a broker, or directly through a DVC owner, you are renting a reservation made by an owner using their points. You aren't actually renting points. I've never heard of renting points from WDW. You can pay cash to WDW for a DVC room, but that is usually not cheaper.

No. Disney doesn't rent points. They offer cash reservations for DVC properties.

Brokers rent points. Individual owners rent points.

Or you can search YouTube to prove me wrong. Not snark.

Your brother probably misunderstood something. Maybe it was talking about renting from an individual, but not from Disney.

As a non-DVC-owner, there are two ways you can get a reservation for a DVC room/villa:

1) Pay cash for a reservation from Disney.

2) Rent a reservation from a DVC owner ("renting points"). You pay the owner to make the reservation for you through DVC. This can be done by finding an owner with points to rent and working directly with them, or by working with a broker who will find an owner and handle the transaction.

I'm not sure what your brother saw, but I can tell you that there's absolutely no mechanism for a non-DVC-member to make a reservation with points. DVC Member Services won't even speak to anyone who can't provide a DVC Member number and appropriate identifying info to back it up, and you can't get into the online points reservation system without having previously registered your membership with the site.

If you want a DVC villa and you want to book through Disney, your only option is the cash reservation, which is the most expensive way to book a villa.

There is no way to rent from Disney itself. You have 3 options:

1. Pay cash through Disney for a DVC room (most expensive way)
2. Rent through an DVC owner
3. Rent through a broker

We are DVC members and when we need extra points, we use option 3. We go through David's Vacation Club Rentals (he is a Dis sponsor) and I cannot say enough good things about them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter