Renting points and buying tickets

GoofyRonda

Earning My Ears
Recently rented points and now want to buy my tickets. We were hoping to buy our tickets and slowly pay them off between now and out Jan 2022 trip. Is that possible or will I have to pay all upfront? Thank you

Recently rented points and now want to buy my tickets. We were hoping to buy our tickets and slowly pay them off between now and out Jan 2022 trip. Is that possible or will I have to pay all upfront? Thank you
You will have to pay for you tickets in full when you purchase them. There is no payment plan.

And if the park day reservation system is still in place by next January, you will want to buy them several months prior to your trip. How long the park reservation requirement will be active is a total unknown.

You can also buy the tickets with discounted Disney gift cards that you buy from various stores or online. Look at the budget board for places to buy.

I thought Disney said it would be using the reservation system for WDW til 2023?
Disney has not given an official statement, but the reservation calendar currently goes to January 2023 (as far out as resort reservations can be made).

Personally I don't see park reservations ever going away.

Disney has not given an official statement, but the reservation calendar currently goes to January 2023 (as far out as resort reservations can be made).

Personally I don't see park reservations ever going away.
Never say never. It would likely totally depend on what happens with the Coronavirus, how effective vaccinations are, what percentage of the population gets them, if "herd immunity" is a thing or if the virus continues to mutate, and CDC recommendations.

Never say never. It would likely totally depend on what happens with the Coronavirus, how effective vaccinations are, what percentage of the population gets them, if "herd immunity" is a thing or if the virus continues to mutate, and CDC recommendations.
Or they keep in place to more easily have an idea of how many people to expect at each park each morning. Just my opinion.

Or they keep in place to more easily have an idea of how many people to expect at each park each morning. Just my opinion.

I too think it will be kept. Here is my thinking. They return FP which was really a way of having to reserve in advance.

You have to get the park first and then it opens up FPS for the day to you whenever they decide to let people reserve them. Just like you can’t get a boarding groups for ROTR if it’s not your reserved park, FPs will only be available for the reserved park that day.

Park hopping will be standby only

Last edited:
I too think it will be kept. Here is my thinking. They return FP which was really a way of having to reserve in advance.

You Have to get the park first and then it opens up FPS for the day to you whenever they decide to let people reserve them. Just like you can’t get a boarding groups for ROTR if it’s not your reserved park, FPs will only be available for the reserved park that day.

I would be happy with that arrangement.

You Have to get the park first and then it opens up FPS for the day to you whenever they decide to let people reserve them. Just like you can’t get a boarding groups for ROTR if it’s not your reserved park, FPs will only be available for the reserved park that day.

Another option would be to make FP* available for pre-booking through MDE, but ONLY in the park you have pre-reserved. So basically the same as before, but it would need to check your profile and only show you options for the park you have already reserved. That could be considered a perk for onsite guests, and a reason to stay onsite rather than offsite. Especially with Magical Express going away. And it won't cost Disney anything, as the software is basically already available.

Last edited:
Another option would be to make FP* available for pre-booking through MDE, but ONLY in the park you have pre-reserved. So basically the same as before, but it would need to check you profile and only show you option for the park you have already reserved. That could be considered a perk for onsite guests, and m\reason to stay onsite rather than offsite. Especially with Magical Express going away. And it won't cost Disney anything, as the software is basically already available.

That’s what I meant. You get FP for the reserved park for the day. I actually think it would be the best of both worlds!

It would be a great perk for onsite. That I didn’t think of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter