• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renting DVC Points and DDP?

LovableGluttons

See Ya REAL Soon!
I have reservations at AKL for 9/1-9/3.

We already have park hopper tickets to use, but I had to purchase MYW tickets for each member of the family in order to be eligible for the dining plan.

If I were to rent points from someone and stay at the villas at AKL, would I still have to purchase those MYW tickets for the dining plan??

Thanks!!

If you rent points and stay at a DVC resort, you may purchase the Dining Plan without having to purchase tickets.

Note, that Sep 1, 2007 is the Grand Opening day for Animal Kingdom Villas. (it's not Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge..:teacher: ) It's the opening of phase I, and only has a few rooms. Most likely those are all gone by now as there were a lot of charter members for that resort anxious to be staying there for the opening.

Note, that Sep 1, 2007 is the Grand Opening day for Animal Kingdom Villas. (it's not Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge..:teacher: ) It's the opening of phase I, and only has a few rooms. Most likely those are all gone by now as there were a lot of charter members for that resort anxious to be staying there for the opening.

I believe that booking does not start until May 16 - did that change?

You would have to find a member with AKV points to make that reservation on May 16 when they open up reservations for the sparse villa rooms available. I think that is going to be next to impossible.

Besides, you would have many, many DVC members with their home resort as AKV very, very angry at you for usurping their first stay at AKV. You, a renter!!;)

You would have to find a member with AKV points to make that reservation on May 16 when they open up reservations for the sparse villa rooms available. I think that is going to be next to impossible.

Besides, you would have many, many DVC members with their home resort as AKV very, very angry at you for usurping their first stay at AKV. You, a renter!!;)

I totally agree with Deb & Bill

LOL I could just find AK points to buy somewhere and become an owner, although OKW is where DH and I are planning to purchase.

Decisions, decisions.....

LOL I could just find AK points to buy somewhere and become an owner, although OKW is where DH and I are planning to purchase.

Decisions, decisions.....

Well I don't think there are a lot of points on the after-market yet. As those people would have to turn them over without using them. And I would suspect at a lost ($93/pt). Maybe someone out there bought them to get the Dev points but doesn't want the DAKV points.

Also wheren't people here saying the 2007 UY are selling out?

But the DAKV points aren't going online till 1 Sept. So I bet if you aren't booking your stay at DAKV on 16 May, or when ever the first day to reserve is (officaly, MS claims they don't know) you won't get in.

johno

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter