Renting DVC for studio at grand californian

BlueSuitDonald

Mouseketeer
How hard is it to get a studio at the grand Californian for June. Looking at June 2021. And how soon can I try to book one of those if renting through a rental company? I just started researching renting DVC points so I’m learning.
Thanks!

Well, those are very hard to book. In order to increase chances, you’d want to try and book 11 months ahead of time.

The key is though is that in order to book that early, the brokers would need to have to have an owner with VGC points. At 7 months ahead of time, when any owner can book, I think it’s highly unlikely to get one.

Well, those are very hard to book. In order to increase chances, you’d want to try and book 11 months ahead of time.

The key is though is that in order to book that early, the brokers would need to have to have an owner with VGC points. At 7 months ahead of time, when any owner can book, I think it’s highly unlikely to get one.
Agree that it would be very difficult at 7 months (from experience). I would contact a rental company and tell them what you want. They will have better resources to check and do the work for you in that regard. As pointed out, some VGC owner will need to have listed with said company at 11 months out. Now, in my experience, we could have gotten a 1BR in mid-June for a few days had we walked our reservation, so there may be hope for you at even the 8-month point.

We own VGC and booked our June 2020 studio at 11 months (last July). I casually checked the site, and our dates were already gone just a couple weeks later (so 10.5 months in advance).

Try to have your ducks in a row with a rental company or owner well ahead of time.

This thread actually made me look up the VGC. I had no idea at the few number of rooms there, holy crap.

This thread actually made me look up the VGC. I had no idea at the few number of rooms there, holy crap.
Yep, 23 dedicated two bedroom villas, 23 lockoff two bedroom villas and two grand villas.

One more thing. Ignore any private messages you get offering you points or a confirmed reservation that you did not initiate. Notify the DIS webmaster about these, too. It's the way that people get scammed.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter