Renting at Windsor Hills

Graciegirl5

Mouseketeer
We've always stayed on site, but I've been looking around for off site condos close to Disney for a trip next year. I like the Windsor Hills area but I have questions about renting. On the Windsor Hills site, some owners list a cancellation policy but others don't. Does this mean there is no cancellation policy or they just don't list it? Same issue with reviews. Some owners show reviews others don't. Should I be more wary of those that don't? As you can see, I'm used to using hotels not private rentals, so I'm a little nervous. Thanks!

I am sure there is a cancellation policy, but may not be listed. We have rented several times in Windsor Hills. I would be a little hesitant with someone who has no reviews...even on their private site. And I have heard some complaints about outdated calendars and little communication. I think when that happens, that just weeds out their home. If you can't communicate with me when I am trying to make a reservation, then what happens if there is an issue? But on the flip side, you also have to consider that many of these owners are international and give them a chance to respond. Your other bet is through vrbo or airbnb where you will likely find some with hundreds or reviews to help ease your mind and a posted cancellation policy.

I've rented from two owners at Windsor Hills. I would be careful to make sure you know the terms of the policy before agreeing to the rental. That said, I had the best experience with this owner: https://www.windsorhillsfloridarentals.com/parkhopper-properties. I rented directly from her, but you can also rent through VRBO or AirBRB if you feel more comfortable with a more secure rental.
I will second this owner, we are staying next week and very responsive on any and all questions.

Everyone has a cancellation policy even if it is "no refund at all" or "cancel anytime for a full refund". If you can't see it on the sire you are looking at, you can always ask.

As to reviews, please keep in mind that a lack of reviews is not always a red flag. I am a relatively new owner and have no reviews on the WindsorHillsPrivateRentals listing and only 3 reviews on AirBnB because my listing is so new. But the house is managed by the same very experienced management company that the previous owner had used. My management company is the co-host and has more than 700 excellent reviews.

Windsor Hills has had a lot of owner turnover recently and this new group of owners seem to al be very enthusiastic and eager but you will find that they do not have any/many review yet. please don't hold that against them.

We are also looking into staying at Windsor Hills through VRBO. I've narrowed it down to a few with good reviews, and I don't think I'd ever feel comfortable staying somewhere with 0 reviews. Are they new or is it a scam? That's the question I worry about.

We are also looking into staying at Windsor Hills through VRBO. I've narrowed it down to a few with good reviews, and I don't think I'd ever feel comfortable staying somewhere with 0 reviews. Are they new or is it a scam? That's the question I worry about.

I can tell you that there was recently a big buying/selling spree in Windsor Hills so there are a ton of new and enthusiastic owners. many of us do not have many reviews yet. for example, i have owned since February and have three reviews on Airbnb and none on VRBO yet.

One of the best ways to ensure that you are renting from an actual owner is to find your home on winsdorhillsprivaterentals since all listings are vetted and must be the actual owner or registered property manager - yes, they verify against the HOA master list.

Also, check that the condo/townhouse/home is not currently for sale. Just look up on Zillow. Tax records are available online and you can make sure the owner of the home is who they say they are.

We've used vacationcentralflorida.com 3 times for Windsor Hills and it's been great.

Also, feel free to ask the owner about their cancellation policy - outside of what the website says. I have a 60 day cancellation policy on VRBO, but I have twice refunded people that had to make last minute cancellations for medical reasons. (This is tricky as the guest has to cancel the reservation and ask VRBO to contact me about a refund. I do not know if they get back the VRBO portion of the fee or not) . I evaluate each case on a one to one basis. Had I not refunded, I would have been willing to let them use the amount for a future trip. I like to have a stricter cancellation policy, because I don't like people playing the " I just found something cheaper" game and cancelling at the last minute Also, Oakwater resort is a little closer to Disney than Windsor Hills. You can search Oakwater, Kissimmee on VRBO

We were at Windsor Hills last week in a 3 bedroom condo with our daughter, son-in-law, and two granddaughters. We rented from vacationcentralflorida.com, and we really enjoyed our stay.

The condo wasn't too dated, and it was very clean. The little ones loved the pool, especially the splash pad area and slides. Super convenient to WDW.

We had a couple of problems that were quickly addressed - the door code we had been given was out of date, we had to call the property manager while we were standing outside the door with our luggage. Thankfully she answered her phone and gave us the new code. We also needed to use the pack and play that we had been informed would be in the unit for the littlest one, but it was broken. We reported it the next morning (it was late in the evening when we discovered it, the 2 year old ended up sleeping in her parents' bed that night), and when we got back from the parks that day a new one was waiting for us.

Also, if anyone ever needs to know about this, we had our RV with us, and there is an oversize vehicle lot at Windsor Hills, so we were able to park it.

The little ones loved the pool, especially the splash pad area and slides.
Thank you for calling this area a splash pad and slides! Many post on this board describe this area as a “Water Park” which it is not. This adds on to the pool area, is very well done and needed place for families with toddlers. With a responsible family member, the little ones can have a fun wet time with several play spots to enjoy and even two small slides just for them.
G'day

Pulsar

Just wanted to add that the water in the splash pad / slide area is NOT heated. When we were there in February, that water was frigid and unusable for our grandchildren, who were disappointed. Not an issue if you'll visit during a hot time of year. Just don't let access to a splash pad influence your decision to stay here if your visit is during a cooler season.

That said, the main pool was heated and has a zero entry area, which was nice on the one day we visited it. We also paid extra to have our house's plunge pool and hot tub heated for the whole stay, so we mostly just enjoyed that. Also, the staff in the market/grill were very helpful and pleasant. Overall, a nice place to stay with large accommodations in a quiet neighborhood. 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter