• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renting and Bringing Family

ASLDisneyMom

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
So we're bringing my brother-in-law and his family on our trip with us. But if COVID has taught me ANYTHING it's to expect the crappiest of unexpected things to happen.
If:
a.) My BIL's family arrives before us (we don't live near each other and are meeting there) can they still check in? OR
b.) If something happens to our travel (we live in the snowy region of Western NY) and we're delayed/stuck/etc. can they still check in at the hotel?

I want to be sure that no matter what they will still be able to go and not disappoint their 4 young children if something happens to me and my family (Since I'm the name on the rental agreement)

Thanks!!

Where are you staying? Have you been there before? Need any info? Make sure all names are on the reservation and that you don't exceed the room limits. The owner, whom ever you rented from will need to add the names.

If you do online check-in, they will usually just text you (the Lead Guest) the room number when it's ready, & you could forward him the text. Once the room is ready, any of the active Magic Bands of those listed on the reservation will (should) work to open the door.
The only reasons they would need to visit the Front Desk are if they don't have MBs & need Key Cards, their MBs don't work on the door & need to be reset, or if you don't get the room ready text by around 4pm - at that point, it might be worth a visit to the FD.

Last edited:
Sorry, I misread the title. If you are looking to rent family to come to Disney, mine is available. :rotfl2:

To add to your serious question, if your BIL's MDE is linked to the account, then when the room number is assigned, they can also see it in their MDE app and the app will open the hotel room door assuming they have MDE on their phone and a modern phone. In the MDE App, there is a button for Show Room Number, and another to Open Door in the hotel reservation section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter