Renting a wheelchair in Disneyland

clareyfairymouse

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disneyland in March and my husband has a condition that impacts his balance and increases fatigue so uses a walking stick day to day.
He is unable to walk long distances so we are considering renting a wheelchair for the 3 days we are at the parks.

Has anyone had any experiencing, either renting from a nearby location or from renting direct from the parks?
As he needs planting of rest we are unlikely to be at the park for opening so wondering would that mean the chairs will have already gone.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

We rent from Disneyland for my Mom all the time (live locally and go several times a month). Never had an issue with them running out, but we are generally there early. We have gone in the evenings (or around dinner) a number of times and never had an issue then either. When we return it later afternoon, we are always asked if we are coming back and if we want them to hold it for us for later. So apparently, they will hold it if you decide to take a midday break so you have one for later. If we are going for a few days in a row with a hotel, we usually rent from Deckerts so we have the opportunity to take it back to the hotel and have it the whole time.

Thanks all for your help
That really helps us with our planning.
My DB has never used a wheelchair really but also recognises walking around he parks for 3 days is too much so it's working out the best plan so he can enjoy his time in Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter