renting a disney ECV

firemanx

DIS Veteran
If you rent an ecv from disney they have a usb port right above the key, but bring your own charging cord. never knew this until a CM tol us last visit!!

I wonder if that's new. When I rented from Disney 4 years ago, I never knew this. How handy, thanks!

If you rent an ecv from disney they have a usb port right above the key, but bring your own charging cord. never knew this until a CM tol us last visit!!

I wonder if that's new. When I rented from Disney 4 years ago, I never knew this. How handy, thanks!

Thanks, @firemanx for the info :)

I imagine that is a new feature that came along with the (now disabled? Did anyone here ever get real confirmation that they were actually disabled?) sensors on the new Parks ECVs.

We rented an ECV in the parks everyday during our May 1-8 vacation. While the Disney ECV's are veeeerrrrrryyyyy slow, they are not stopping suddenly as reported a few weeks ago. We rented them in all 4 parks. I would guess that the sensors have indeed been removed/disabled.

But it only works on about 30% of the ECVs, as they don't consider this an essential feature.

Thanks, @firemanx for the info :)

I imagine that is a new feature that came along with the (now disabled? Did anyone here ever get real confirmation that they were actually disabled?) sensors on the new Parks ECVs.
No, the USB ports have been there for a few years now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter