Renting a car for one day

KEMdisney

DIS Veteran
Hello all!
We need to rent a car for only one day.. August 6th to August 7th. We will need to pick up the car at the Orlando airport, plan to drive it to Clearwater on August 6th, then directly to the Boardwalk Villas on August 7th. We will not need the car for the remainder of my trip, and we will be utilizing DME to return back to the airport after our stay.

Do you recommend a specific company to use?
I think I remember reading that some companies can return at Dolphin/Swan , which would be great since we are staying at the BWV.

I'd appreciate any information, we have never rented a car when doing Disney before and I'd like to make it as affordable as possible :) Thanks so much

I dont have any Recomendations, but as a heads up... one way rentals are hard to find or expensive. I would go online and price out the competition. We had a similar situation with our honeymoon rental... we lived in Wenatchee (2.5 hours from Airport), at the time we did not own a car. Thought we could rent a car from Enterprise return it to the airport agency and pick up another car after we got back to get back home...

When we tried to book, Enterprise told us they can't do that as its technically two one-way rentals and they do not do one-ways. Luckily, my dad was friends with the Enterprise branch manager. They let us do it, but it was a one time thing only.

Hertz might be an option if I remember... they might do one-way, but they are pricey.

I know there is a rental agency at one of the Deluxes... or at least near by. I don't know which one.

Call around and price check online.

Eithier Way... good luck. :):wizard:

There are no car rentals at Disney hotels (this includes the Deluxe resorts). There are options for drop off from all the major companies (ie. Hertz is at Shades of Green), and typically there are no high drop charges (make sure you watch more limited miles) within the Orlando area.

Alamo is at the Dolphin hotel. We have done this before for one night before staying at the Boardwalk Inn.

When dropping the car off at the Dolphin you leave with the valet (super easy) plus it was great being able to make a grocery stop. Be sure to check mousesavers for any possible coupons or if you have a BJ's or Costco membership, look for discounts.

Also, you might want to price out if it is cheaper to keep the car for a longer period. You park for free at the hotel and any of the parks, so if it is cheaper to rent for 5 days with a coupon then return to the Dolphin, go for it.

We have a car reserved at The Dolphin, we are renting from Alamo. They also have a National Car Rental in the same place. The other place to rent from while on property is the Car Care Center. They have a shuttle that picks you up at most of the resorts in the Disneyworld area and drops you off after you return the car.

National and Alamo cars can be returned at the Dolphin. You can return it to the valet any time day or night and they will give you a receipt. It would be very easy for you since you'll be staying at the BWV.

Thanks for all of the replies, I will be checking prices for both National and Alamo. Thanks for the tips, I did not know you could park at the Boardwalk for free (Just assumed there was a price -- it IS Disney afterall :lmao:)

As for returning through valet -- is there a charge for this? Seems too good to be true?

No, no charge. We just left the keys with the valet and took the boat to Epcot. We dropped our bags/groceries at the Boardwalk, checked in then drove over to the Dolphin...super easy
Check around for discounts for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter