Rented points, getting there 2 days late

sharadoc

Visit WDW since '86, driving since '94.
HI. We have a reservation June 5-11 at BWV but may not be able to get there until June 7. We rented points through DVC Rental Store. What do you think we should do? We can check in online, and won't have housekeeping so will they even notice? We don't want to get there and have them assume we abandoned the reservation.

Thoughts??

They'll notice the door hasn't been opened (by a MagicBand, phone, KTTW card, etc.). Contact DVC Rental Store and ask about your options (one option is to have the owner contact DVC and have the reservation noted as a late arrival).

Just ask them to have the owner send an email to DVC to note on your reservation you will be late. The DVC rules ask that they be notified

I have been told that after two nights of no entry to the room it will be canceled and it happened to my renters in Aug 2020 who simply never showed up.

Wondering why the OP wouldn’t contact the hotel directly?

Reservation is under their name so no issue contacting Disney directly, I’d think.

Have the owner shorten the reservation. No issues with your room being cancelled for not showing up if the reservation is only for the days you will be there.

Wondering why the OP wouldn’t contact the hotel directly?

Reservation is under their name so no issue contacting Disney directly, I’d think.

Because the hotel won’t have the information until a short time before to note it. It’s in their name, but still in control of the owner until check in. They don’t have the same access to DVC in the same timeframe as they do for cash stays.

Its best to have it noted on the actual reservation so when the hotel gets it for room assignments, it’s there.

Now, I might try to reach out to the hotel a few days before as well..but definitely have It given to DVC since it is in the home resort rules and regulations that one should notify them of late arrivals so it’s not considered a no show.

HI. We have a reservation June 5-11 at BWV but may not be able to get there until June 7. We rented points through DVC Rental Store. What do you think we should do? We can check in online, and won't have housekeeping so will they even notice? We don't want to get there and have them assume we abandoned the reservation.

Thoughts??
Yes they will notice - they can tell when you use your phone/MB to get into your room. Sometimes even though you’ve checked in online, you won’t even get the text w/ your villa no. & you have to check in at the front desk typically because they want to verify your credit card for room charges.
The exact wording of the DVC procedure regarding late arrivals & no-shows is “If Club Members or their Guests fail to check in on their arrival day, they must notify Member Services or the destination DVC Resort’s front desk of their arrival time…If their party does not check in and fails to notify Member Services or the DVC resort of their revised plans, club members will lose all of the…points used to make that reservation….”
See III. 16 @ p.13 here https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...ions/HomeResortRulesandRegulations_062012.pdf
Personally I’d do both, have the member notify DVC via email & forward a copy to me & I’d call the front desk on my scheduled arrival day at BWV to confirm they knew I’d changed plans & if they didn’t know notify them at that point myself.
If I knew for sure I wasn’t arriving until 6/7 I’d ask the owner to go online & modify the reservation dropping the first 2 nights so as to not risk having the reservation canceled due to being a no show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter