rental question

rmdavis

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering, is there anywhere around the orlando area that you can rent golf carts and have them delivered to the campground? I remember reading about a place a while back but can't remember anything about it.

thanks
Robert

We are going in March and I had the same question. From what I learned Disney has stopped outside vendors from renting the golf carts on property. I think you can bring your own, though, so if you pick it up somewhere else and drive it on property yourself, is it legal? I don't know. We reserved a cart for March from disney at $40 plus per day.

While the official Disney policy is no outside vendors, they do still exist. At least one still delivers to the campground and others have trailers you rent to bring your rental to the site. The downside to the ones that rent you a trailer is that you have to return the trailer as soon as you deliver the cart to your site, then go get the trailer a second time to return your rental.

A company I was introduced to last year is Golf & Electric Vehicles Group (formerly CUSTOM CARRIAGES, INC.) According to their Regional Sales Manager (they have 5 locations around Florida) they have 2 passenger, 4 passenger and 6 passenger golf cars available for rental. Additionally, they offer gas and electric vehicles, although electric is preferable due to less noise and pollution. Rental rates are less than FW but you have to factor in a pickup and delivery charge of $50 roundtrip. They will deliver the vehicle to FW, coordinated in advance. Also, a rental agreement must be signed and faxed to them before delivery can be made. Payment by check or cash due upon delivery of vehicles. On my last trip to Fort Wilderness I tried out their services. On the appointed day they road up to my site in the cart and the day were were leaving they picked it up at the site. The down side to their services is that they do not pick up or deliver on the weekends.

You usually save money if you are renting for more than about 8 days. But, if you are staying for a couple of weeks and want a cart you can save money this way. Contact Steve Senesi for more information.

Other sources of carts in Orlando include:
EZGO 407-847-3444
Yamaha Factory Outlet 407-847-5019
Orlando Golf Carts 407-426-9727

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter