Rental cars?

We have a rental reservation through National. Anyone have advice or experience with them? I see that they have the "Emerald Club" but from what I can tell the Honolulu airport does not have the "Emerald Aisle" for skipping the pickup line. Is that right? All this Fastbreak talk has me hoping there's a way I can be proactive and not be stuck in a line if I can help it.

‘you can skip the line; just go directly to the garage level

A heads up when checking rentals on the Costco Travel site. Be sure to scroll all the way down as you may find lower pricing for unexpected vehicle classes. The screenshot below is for two weeks beginning in late March 2023 for pickup and return at HNL.

2022-05-18_09-29-20.png

Does Budget have something like this?
Yes they do its called Fastbreak. Be aware that they really don't have any signage telling you what to do to use Fastbreak at HNL. I was waiting in the long line at the counter and noticed a pull-up banner in a corner telling Fastbreak members to proceed to the 4th floor. I sent my husband up to see if our contract was up there. It WAS! and there was NO ONE in line. You just need to make sure your Fastbreak number is on your reservation and you can skip the line!

Yes they do its called Fastbreak. Be aware that they really don't have any signage telling you what to do to use Fastbreak at HNL. I was waiting in the long line at the counter and noticed a pull-up banner in a corner telling Fastbreak members to proceed to the 4th floor. I sent my husband up to see if our contract was up there. It WAS! and there was NO ONE in line. You just need to make sure your Fastbreak number is on your reservation and you can skip the line!
TY

Have checked Costco, autoslash etc and cheapest rate consistently is through Discount Hawaii Car rentals. NO pay in advance, free cancellation and goes through the major brands, has the extra free driver as well. Skyscanner will often give an even cheaper rental but goes through a middle man and is pay in advance if you are comfortable with that (skyscanner is AWESOME for finding cheaper flights as it will give "combo" flights like fly out one airline but back on another). My rentals for Maui and Ohau that I booked 5 months ago have come down from $950/week each to ~$530 each week. And now my rentals are through my preferred provider of Alamo: can see the reservation in my Alamo account and will be able to bypass counter and go directly to car.

We’re still in the planning stages for our 2023 trip, but definitely going to follow this and soak up the knowledge

FYI, just got back. Used the on-site Alamo rental and it went just fine. They opened up promptly at 8, and we were off in our car to Pearl Harbor with enough time to get to our 9 am reservation. HOWEVER, there was a line of about 4-5 groups waiting when the doors opened, so you may want to get there 20-30 minutes before opening, if time is of the essence. It was for us, so I was 1st in line. But still, good service, nice car. Very happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter