Rental Car?

joand452

Earning My Ears
We'll be at DL from a Thursday, checking out on Monday. Plan is to rent a car to drive to Las Vegas, where DH has a conference the rest of the week and fly home from there.

Is there a place nearby to rent a car, or will we have to go back to an airport to pick it up?

Thanks for all your help!

We'll be at DL from a Thursday, checking out on Monday. Plan is to rent a car to drive to Las Vegas, where DH has a conference the rest of the week and fly home from there.

Is there a place nearby to rent a car, or will we have to go back to an airport to pick it up?

Thanks for all your help!

Several in the area. There's Alamo at Downtown Disney. When I stayed at the Hilton, they had an Enterprise desk there.

+1 also for Alamo @ Disney, the service from the staff there is fantastic and mileage is unlimited. Not sure whether they will allow their cars to go out of state though - bearing in mind Las Vegas is in Nevada. You may end up paying a bit more to do so, as with other car hire firms within the Anaheim area.

Hope this helps.

+1 also for Alamo @ Disney, the service from the staff there is fantastic and mileage is unlimited. Not sure whether they will allow their cars to go out of state though - bearing in mind Las Vegas is in Nevada. You may end up paying a bit more to do so, as with other car hire firms within the Anaheim area.

Hope this helps.

Standard terms for Alamo is that the vehicle can't be taken outside of the United States of Canada. However, there is always the possibility that there could be local terms.

https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/checkin/terms-and-conditions.html

There has only been one time when I've ever had a restriction, and that was Enterprise in Florida. The car was restricted only to Florida. I suppose there might have been something because Florida has issues with rental cars being targeted by bump and holdups.

Price out both the local branches as well as picking up the car from SNA. One ways can often be cheaper outta airport locations and may be worth the taxi or uber trip to the airport to pick up a car.

I believe in addition to Alamo there is also Enterprise and Avis near the resort

We just did this similarly. We flew in to LAX and out of LAS with a 1-way rental through Alamo. We researched flying into SNA and others and checked multiple car rentals. Alamo was the only major company that didn't charge a huge dropoff fee. Many would only do 1-way rentals from Lax, and not other airports or other locations. We ended up with standard SUV Sat-Sat for $208 total. That was with Entertainment book coupon.

I believe there are two Alamo locations near Disney, I rented mine from the one on W Katella Ave. Apparently they will come and pick you up, but it was an easy and pleasant walk from Park Vue down past the Candy Cane Inn. No problems taking the car to Vegas.

Yep there is an Alamo National Enterprise on Katella with a shuttle. Definitely price it all out!

I just made a reservation this week through Costco for Alamo - Downtown Disney to be returned to Bob Hope Airport. Very convenient!

I just looked up info on the Lux Bus (seems to be no talking allowed!), so I think we'll go with the car rental. Alamo, it is!!

What? No talking on the bus? That's bizarre.

I can't find anything that says no talking. I suppose there could have been a review where some passengers were told they were too loud, but I found nothing nothing about no talking.

I can't find anything that says no talking. I suppose there could have been a review where some passengers were told they were too loud, but I found nothing nothing about no talking.

Yes, I was reading a review on Trip Advisor. I gather it was a group traveling together who were warned numerous times "Don't make me stop this bus" and throw you off! Kind of put us off taking a bus; did some researching on one-way rentals for about 7 hours, and I believe we can get an intermediate car for less than the cost of two bus tickets.

Yes, I was reading a review on Trip Advisor. I gather it was a group traveling together who were warned numerous times "Don't make me stop this bus" and throw you off! Kind of put us off taking a bus; did some researching on one-way rentals for about 7 hours, and I believe we can get an intermediate car for less than the cost of two bus tickets.

Sure. There's alcohol being served and the driver may go insane when people are getting out of hand. However, I would think mostly it's about large groups getting out of hand rather than just a few people riding the bus and chatting it up.

Kind of reminds me a case with the Napa Valley Wine Train, where a group was kicked off by the conductor for allegedly being too loud. It became big news for reasons I won't get into here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter